Click HERE for a complete brochure.
2018 TEST DATES
PAPER TESTING | SADDLEBACK COLLEGE • VIL 9-03
28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo
Use the Avery Parkway entrance to Saddleback College. Proceed to Lot 1. See MAP.
Students must purchase a daily parking permit from the Lot 1 pay station ($5 cash or debit/credit).
Students must arrive 15 minutes before start time to be admitted. ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO FIND PARKING AND FOR WALKING TO VIL 9-03.
|Test Times At 3 PM and 5:15 PM||Test Times At 8:30 AM,
10:45 PM, and 1 PM
|January 5||January 6|
|February 2||February 3|
|March 2||March 3|
|April 6||April 7|
|May 4||May 5|
|June 1||June 2|
|July 6||July 7|
|August 3||August 4|
|September 7||September 8|
|October 5||October 6|
|November 2||November 3|
|December 7||December 8|
$10 PER TEST SUBJECT*†
*plus $14 per testing center appointment
†plus $20 California CSS State Fee (one-time fee)
REGISTER AT LEAST 4 DAYS PRIOR to the desired test date.
Registration is limited to 20 students per test period.
REGISTER ONLINE: http://hiset.ets.org
OR PHONE HiSET® CUSTOMER SERVICE: 1-855-MyHiSET (1-855-694-4738)
- HiSET® proctoring and testing is available in Spanish and English.
- Student can take any of the 5 tests in an available time slot.
- Tests can be taken one at a time in no particular order (Example: All five on a weekend or just one on a weekend)
- Student must arrive 15 minutes before start time to be admitted.
You are eligible to take the HiSET® if you are:
- at least 18 years old, or are within 60 days of your 18th birthday.
- 17 years old, and have been absent at least 60 consecutive school days, and provide a letter of request from either the military, a post-secondary educational institution, or a prospective employer (subject to approval).
- a California resident. If you are not a California resident, contact us.
On the day of the test, bring one of the following:
- CA driver’s license or ID card from the DMVMilitary ID card
- Passport with CA residency
- Mexican Consulate card
- Indian Tribal card
To pass the HiSET® you must receive a standard score of at least 8 on each of the five sub-tests AND earn an average standard score of 45 or higher.
After the test...
- Check your scores online with your ETS ID. (You are the only one who has access to your ID number).
- Once you pass the HiSET® you should receive your High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate within four to six weeks of your testing date.
High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation classes are designed to ensure that students pass all sections of the HiSET®, GED, or TASC™ test. Saddleback College, in partnership with Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD), offers HSE preparation classes at Saddleback Adult Education MV, on the Silverado High School (SHS) campus and at Saddleback Adult Education SJC, on the Serra High School campus. Classes are offered in Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts, and are available in both English and Spanish. Exam preparation includes placement and practice tests.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR HSE CLASSES
Call (949) 493-0658 (SJC) or (949) 837-8830 (MV) or (949) 582-4646 (General Info)
Other HiSET® Resources