Download the Angels for the Arts Scholarship Application
The Angels for the Arts Board of Directors will award nine $1000 scholarships. At least one scholarship will be awarded in each of the following areas:
- Visual Arts
Scholarship applications will be available by February 15, 2012. The deadline for submitting applications is 5 pm March 15, 2012. Recipients will be announced in mid-April. Recipients will be expected to participate in the Angels Scholarship Award Ceremony to be held in the Studio Theatre at 7 pm on Tuesday, May 15, 2012. A $1000 check payable to the recipient will be presented at that time.
- Previous Angels Scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Applicants must show evidence of at least 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units at Saddleback College; students graduating or transferring to another college may apply.
Candidates may be considered for more than one scholarship category, but a separate application is required for each category.
Every application will be scored by a minimum of three members of the Angels Board of Directors and the average score will be used. Angels for the Arts scholarship applications will be scored on the following criteria:
- Grade Point Average (cumulative GPA) – 10 points
- Questions on Application – 10 points
- Need (self-reported) – 10 points
- Involvement in department or community – 10 points
- Letters of Reference (Two are required; no more than two will be accepted.) – 30 points
- Essay – 30 points
Questions? Contact Cathy Beres, FA 304; 949 582-4412 or firstname.lastname@example.org