ASSOCIATED STUDENT GOVERNMENT
Though we defer to the Division Office preference for travel planning and requisition writing processes, ASG requires a few things be completed. Student Development may audit any portion of this process.
- Travel Form (not required, but possibly useful): Helps groups plan out all of the accommodations.
- Waiver Form (required): All students who will be attending must fill out this form. The form must be completely altered to fit your conference specs. The Dean of the division will be responsible for any misconduct that occurs and will need to report incidents to the Vice President of Student Services. By signing the waiver the students are agreeing to pay for any costs incurred that are non-refundable if they are unable to attend. They also agree to abide by the district’s code of conduct ie. no drugs, alcohol, leaving the premises of the conference without an adviser, inviting people to the conference site etc.
- All students must be checked, by you, for eligibility. Student Development will audit for eligibility.
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- 5 units at Saddleback and have Saddleback as college of record
- Current semester ASB stamp: Students must prove they have purchased the current stamp.
- Meal Sheet (required if meal money will be disbursed): Students only get money for meals which the conference is not supplying. Breakfast is allowed if student is travelling or at the event before 8am, lunch before 12pm, dinner before 5pm.
- Student Voluntary Transportation Agreement (not required unless students will be driving their own vehicles or other students in their vehicles.) The district does not cover insurance for student or adviser vehicles; it therefore may be preferable to rent a college van.
- Motor Vehicle Request (required if using a college vehicle) adviser must be in vehicle, and driving record must be presented to transportation.
- May be started in advance, items on the requisition may be estimates, but the back-up documents that will be attached to the requisition will need to be exact.
- FS354 and back-up must be submitted to Barb Bangs and Sheryl Mariano well before the check needs to be cut.
- The ASG Treasurer only signs off on requisitions on Tuesdays approx. at 2p and Thursdays approx. at 3p so if he does not receive it before then, the requisition will not be approved. As the system is set up now, we are not able to rush the process, so please plan to turn everything in well in advance.
- The ASG requisition must reference the requisition being used to abate to ASG the at least 25% of travel that is required to be paid by another funding source.
- Within 7 days or returning, all receipts must be submitted to the designated requisitioner in your department.
- If meal money is disbursed, the meal sheet must be signed by each student, any extra money must be returned and an abatement deposit must be made. Meal receipts are not required.
- Student Development requires airfare stubs as proof of travel, but we don’t require that of Division Offices unless student attendance becomes a problem.
- Hotel invoices must be itemized and not include any personal purchases, or purchases must be paid in advance to only show the total amount to be covered by the requisition.
- If travelling by college vans, all gas receipts must be submitted; Transportation may charge back gas fees.
- If travelling by personal vehicle and mileage is to be reimbursed, a google or mapquest print out is required and a reimbursement form (most updated available on mysite documents) must be completed.