8:00a - 8:45a Graduate Check-in outside Science and Math Building near the Coffee Cart
- Staff will help you with your cap and gown.
- You will be given your name card. Please write phonetically on the card how your name is spoken.
- Please legibly write your mailing address on the reverse side of the card. The photographer will be using this information to send you proofs of your photos.
- Light refreshments will be provided. There will also be opportunities to socialize and take pictures with faculty, staff and other graduates.
***Please do not bring personal items such as bags and purses. There will not be a location to store them. When you rise from your seat to receive your diploma, you will not return to the same seat.
Cap, Gown, Tassle, and Diplomas
Graduates will wear cardinal-colored caps and gowns and are available for purchase at the Saddleback College bookstore. If you are not able to purchase a cap and gown due to financial constraints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
During the commencement ceremony, you will be handed the cover for your diploma/certificate. Diplomas and certificates will be mailed during the month of October to all candidates who have completed their requirements. If you move, please update your address online through MySite to ensure that you receive your diploma.
Admissions & Records will distribute honors tassels at check-in to all eligible candidates who have petitioned to graduate on time.
No parking passes are required. Parking is free on campus during the Commencement Ceremony.
Guests may use Lot 13 to drop off family and friends.
Graduates may be dropped off at the Theater Circle near Fine Arts.
The closest parking lots to the Graduate staging area are lots 12 and 10.
8:55a Processional Begins
- The processional will be led by the faculty and staff line, followed by the student line.
- There will be line marshals to assist with the student processional.
- Stay standing until asked to be seated.
*** Students who need accommodations will be seated in the first row. If you need special accommodations, please contact the DSPS Office at 949-582-4915 at least a week prior to the ceremony.
- At the presentation of the class by the Academic Senate President, the first row will rise.
- Following the student marshals' directions, students will file completely out after the preceding row and line up at the ramp on the left side of the staging platform; the rest of the rows will follow the first row as directed.
- Each student will proceed to the microphone and hand the speaker their name card. The student will receive their diploma/certificate cover and walk across the platform where they will shake hands with the President and the Platform Party.
- The student will exit across the stage and turn left down the ramp, take a photograph off stage, and then proceed back to his/her seat.
- Each student must be seated immediately upon reaching his/her seat.
Conclusion of Ceremony
- After the ceremony, the platform party will lead the recessional, followed by the faculty and then the students.
- The line marshals will direct the students in the recessional.
- The front row will leave first, followed by the second, etc.
- The members of the audience will remain in their places until the recessional is complete.
- If you would like to donate your cap and gown for someone to use next year, we will have boxes available for you to donate them. If possible, please write the height of your robe on the inside as they are not clearly marked.