Finding out who you are and what you want
- What are your skills, interests, values and personality?
- What is your idea of work and a career?
- What do you want your career to be?
Useful Websites and Resources:
Finding out more about the world of work and your education
- Investigate possible career fields and talk to people who work in careers that interest you.
- Use internships, volunteer jobs, and part-time work to sample jobs and careers that interest you.
- Research majors and careers that match your self-assessment.
Complete Career Exploration from:
Complete one of the following classes:
COUN 1 - Academic Planning
COUN 140 - Ed & Voc Planning
COUNS 160 - Career & Voc Exploration
WS 120 - Women & Careers
Analyzing the information
- Begin to define your specific career goals.
- Make tentative career decisions.
- Set short and long term goals that allow you to reach your chosen career.
Make an Academic and/or
Career Counseling Appointment - Visit Counseling Services:
Visit Career & Guidance Services:
Developing a plan for success
- Researching two year and four year college programs that will allow you to reach your career goals.
- Decide on the amount of time you are willing at attend college or program.
- Establish a plan that allows you to complete your education and training in a time frame that works for you.
MAP - My Academic Plan
Saddleback College Catalog
Job and Career Search:
Looking for a job
- Develop a job search plan of action.
- Establish and use job search resources and contacts.
- Overcome barriers and keep motivated.
- Manage your career with an up-to-date cover letter and resume.
On Campus Resources
Off Campus Resources