CTE Transitions is a method designed to connect several educational organizations by means of a formal articulation agreement. The agreement identifies the student learning outcomes based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for students to earn college credit through successful completion of the high school/ROP course or program. This allows high school/ROP students to transfer straight into Saddleback College and prevents a student from repeating a course in high school/ROP and college.
For students who want to earn college credit for their high school/ROP course:
- Enroll in a CTE Articulated course at your high school/ROP (see List of courses for your high school/ROP).
- Return your parent permission form to your teacher.
- Apply to Saddleback College.
- Create your CATEMA account and enroll into your high school teachers class.
- Earn an “A” or “B” in the course.
- Confirm your grade was awarded on your high school/ROP transcript indicating the “A” or “B”.
- College credit for the CTE Articulated class will be awarded to a Saddleback College transcript.