Transitions Process for Students

CTE Transitions is a method designed to connect several educational organizations by means of a formal articulation agreement. The agreement identifies the student learning outcomes based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for students to earn college credit through successful completion of the high school/ROP course or program. This allows high school/ROP students to transfer straight into Saddleback College and prevents a student from repeating a course in high school/ROP and college.

For students who want to earn college credit for their high school/ROP course:

  1. Enroll in a CTE Transitions course at your high school/ROP (see List of courses for your high school/ROP).
  2. Earn an “A” or “B” in the course.
  3. Receive a certificate from your teacher at the end of the course.
  4. Apply to Saddleback College.
  5. Submit the certificate or your high school/ROP transcript indicating the “A” or “B” in a tech prep class to a Saddleback College counselor.
  6. College credit for CTE Transitions class will be awarded.

Exploring Career Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics

California Career Cafe

Roadtrip Nation

Who Do U Want 2B?