CTE Transitions is program designed to connect several educational organizations by means of a formal articulation agreement. The agreement identifies the student learning outcomes based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for students to earn college credit through successful completion of the high school/ROP course or program. This allows high school/ROP students to transfer straight into Saddleback College and prevents a student from repeating a course in high school/ROP and college.
For high school/ROP teachers who want to articulate their courses with Saddleback College:
- Identify a Saddleback College course that closely parallels the high school/ROP course to be articulated.
- Submit the course outline to the appropriate Saddleback College contact for review.
- A Course Articulation Agreement is created by the Saddleback College Department Chair. See examples in the List of Courses for Educators.
- High school/ROP and college instructors review and agree on the competencies to be taught in both high school/ROP and college courses.
- Agreements are signed by high school/ROP and college officials.
- CTE Transitions course is added to the matrix of approved CTE Transitions courses.
Full CATEMA Teacher Training Manual (complete)
Module 1: Setting up a CATEMA Account for Teachers
Module 1: Forgot Username/Password
Module 2: Creating a Class in CATEMA
Module 3: Accepting Students
Module 3.5: Wrong Enrollment
Module 4: Entering Grades