Saddleback College's Internship Program / Cooperative Work Experience (CWE) helps students achieve their educational and career goals through for-credit internships. These internships / work experiences must include training of new or enhanced skills and must be related to a CTE academic program. Also, your CWE units may be transferable, check with our CTE Counselor, Michael Engels or another academic counselor.
(***Not all programs at Saddleback College offer CWE Internships. Contact the Department Chair in your Academic Program to verify if CWE is offered)
1. You must have a job or a secured internship in order to apply for the CWE program. Use Gaucho Jobs to find internships or click for more resources.
2. Read the student workbook.
3. Complete the CWE STUDENT APPLICATION
*** Attention Mac users: We recommend you use Adobe Reader to view and complete the application as Mac Preview (the default document viewer) may have compatibility problems with the application). Click here to download Adobe Reader for Mac.
4. Contact the CTE Program Department Chair in your academic program to:
* Submit your completed CWE Program Enrollment Application &
* Request a referral to a CWE Instructor in your program
5. If approved, your assigned CWE Instructor will issue you an Add Permit Code (APC).
6. Use the APC code to register for the CWE course in Mysite
(SEE ENROLLMENT DEADLINES TO THE RIGHT)
16-Weeks / Full Term Classes
08/17/2015 – 12/16/2015
1st 8-Weeks Classes
08/18/2015 – 10/10/2015
2nd 8-Weeks Classes
10/12/2015 – 12/16/2015