Location: Village 29-1
Adaptive Computer Lab Days and Hours.
Monday: 9am - 2pm
Tuesday: Noon - 2pm
Wednesday: 9am - 2pm
Thursday: 9am - 2pm
The Adaptive Computer Lab is a state-of-the-art training lab where students with disabilities can learn to access computer systems using the latest adapted hardware and software technologies. Students can increase productivity, work independently and improve employability.
A wide variety of software is also available for students who wish to improve their basic and cognitive skills. Training courses are available for students interested in learning to use the special equipment and software. Please check the class schedule for current Adapted Computer courses.
Below is a list of just some of the hardware and software available to students in the High Tech Center:
- Macintosh iMac Computers (many accessibility features built in)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition software)
- Jaws for Windows (screen reader for blind students)
- Zoomtext Extra (screen enlargement with speech)
- Kurzweil 3000 (Scan a book and have it read back to you through the computer)
- Kurzweil 1000 (Scan and read software for blind students)
- Microsoft Office 2003(Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint)