Fall '12 Schedule
Location: Building [map]
To enroll or find out
more, call or email:
(949) 582-4900 x3161
(949) 582-4900 x3101
KNEA Admin. Asst.
(949) 582-4900 x3102
Since the program is based upon individual plans, most classes have a wide variety of disabilities. Students have different levels of mobility, balance, strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and joint range of motion. They may work one on one with a student assistant, work in small or large group. Once an assessment has been completed, students will be given a Personal Exercise Plan and begin working towards their class goals. Special adapted equipment may be used for the student's success.
The Adapted Kinesiology Program serves a wide range of disabilities, such as:
Blindness and visual impairments,
Cardiovascular and Respiratory conditions,
Chronic back/neck and other orthopedic conditions,
Hip and knee replacement, Multiple Sclerosis,
Post PolioPost Stroke,
Spinal Cord Injuries,
Temporary conditions such as broken leg, arm or ankle.
KNEA 1 - Adapted Personal Fitness
KNEA 2 - Adapted Water Exercise and Swimming
KNEA 3 - Adapted Conditioning
KNEA 4 - Adapted Stretching
KNEA 6 - Adapted Sports
KNEA 8 - Adapted Recreation
KNEA 107 - Survey and Assessment of Fitness
- Testing and assessment of muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, body composition, skill-related fitness, and aquatic ability.
Who Should Enroll?
- Students often join the Adapted Kinesiology classes after
they have finished therapy or rehab at a hospital, outpatient
physical therapy center, or a home health care program.
- Have disability verified by a physician
- Be able to profit from the instruction
- Provide own attendant for personal hygiene needs and dressing
- Be at least 18 years old, a high school graduate, or have a release from their school district
To learn more, please schedule a time with Instructor Mike Bennett (949-582-4761) to observe a class:
- See how the class operates
- Understand logistics such as parking, class and locker room locations, etc.
- Receive registration forms