Elizabeth HoranTitle: Distance Learning Librarian
Department: Library Services
Division: Div of Online Educ & Learning Resources
Organization: Saddleback College
Office: LRC 329
Alt Phone: (949) 582-4684
Elizabeth joined Saddleback College in August 2008 as the Distance Learning Librarian. Her primary responsibility is having a leadership role in developing library support services for distance learners. Elizabeth created the Saddleback Library YouTUBE channel, online Finding Articles Library Workshop, and uses her degree in Instructional Design Technology to help students access library resources 24/7.
Prior to joining Saddleback College, Elizabeth worked at Coastline College as a part-time librarian and media specialist and as a commercial photographer in Orange County and San Luis Obispo.
PILOT PROJECT: One and Done! embedding library info in Blackboard once and for all.
- One and Done! Library. Blackboard. Google Drive. - you embed it once, we update it every semester.
- Click the Link for more information. https://goo.gl/JcQUN2
- How To Video: https://youtu.be/sDE7klSNWLc
- Updated with Tutoring and Student Technical Support information!
Sabbatical Project Fall 2014:
- Blackboard Basics for Faculty - Instructional Videos: http://goo.gl/fBK6bb
- M.S.I.D.T. Instructional Design Technology, California State University Fullerton
- M.L.I.S. Archives and Academic Libraries, San Jose State University
- B.S. Photography and Digital Imaging, California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo
- A.A. Photography, Orange Coast College
Recent Conferences/Professional Development:
- Council of Chief Librarians California Community Colleges Electronic Access and Resources Committee (CCL_EAR) Regional Representative. 2012-2016
- Online Educator Occupational Skills Award. Saddleback College. August 2014
- Unconference2: Community College Library Issues. SBCC. May 2014
- 16th Distance Library Services Conference. Denver, CO. April 2014
- Learner-Centered Teaching Conference. Palomar College. February 2014
- Unconference: Community College Library Issues. Presenter: Marketing the Library. SBCC. May 2013
- Embedded Library Instruction Workshop. CCL. October 2012
- Achieving Information Literacy and Competence. Turn-it-in Webcast Presenter. January 2012
- Integrating iPads and Tablet Computers into Library Services. ALA. October 2011.
- The Future-Ready Information Professional: Adding Value through Agility, Innovation, and Collaboration! SLA. October 2011.
- Faculty Learning Community Developers' and Facilitators' Summer Institute. June 2011.
- Online Teaching Conference. June 2011.
- Bringing Design to Online. SCIL Workshop. May 2011.
- American Libraries Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Society of American Archivists
- Society of California Archivists
- Wine Librarians Association
- User design
- Information Technology
- Archival Studies
- Assessment Methods
- History of Photography