Eligibility for EOPS
Students must meet all of these criteria to be eligible:
- Is determined to be a California Resident for Saddleback College admissions purposes.
- Be 18 years of age or a high school graduate.
- Has less than 45 units of degree-applicable coursework of combined colleges/universities in the US and/or foreign country.
- Be eligible for the California College Promise Grant.
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 academic units at Saddleback College.
- Must maintain at least a 2.00 GPA.
and at least one of the following criteria:
- Saddleback College assessment placement in any English, ESL, and/or Math 300 courses.
- High school grade point of 2.49 or below
- First generation college student
- Parents are non-native English speakers
- Neither a high school graduate nor obtained GED/high school proficiency
- Previous enrollment in remedial education
- Emancipated Foster Youth