2013 Saddleback Songwriting Contest
Contest Guidelines and Rules
Sponsored by Saddleback’s Popular Music Program
ENTRY DEADLINE: March 28th, 2013
- The contest is open to Saddleback College students. Students must be enrolled in at least 5 units, hold a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, and possess an ASB stamp.
- There is no age limit.
- The song may be from any “popular music” genre, including but not limited to, reggae, gospel, R&B, modern country, pop, hip hop, folk, neo- soul heavy metal, emo, Mexican rock, etc.
- The song must have lyrics.
- By entering the contest, the applicant agrees that the song submission is their original work (both lyrics and melody).
- Submissions may only have one writer.
- Applicants may submit multiple songs, however each should be submitted with a separate application, CD and entrance fee.
Selection of Winners:
- The contest winner will be selected by a panel of Saddleback music faculty members.
- The winning applicant will be awarded a $300 scholarship.
- Remember that the judges will be judging the best song, not the best performance or recording quality.
Please turn in the following application materials to the Fine Arts Division Office (FA 124) by March 28th, 2013. Materials will not be returned.
- Audio CD (only one song per CD)
- NOTE: Please do not put your name on your CD. Label your CD with the last four digits of your student ID number.
- $10 entrance fee. Payment may either be made by check (payable to “Saddleback Popular Music”) or by cash.
- Songwriting Contest Application.
NOTE: Applicants may submit multiple songs, however each should be submitted with a separate application, CD and entrance fee
Please direct any questions to Ariel Alexander: AAlexander@Saddleback.edu
Back to Saddleback’s Popular Music Program
Disclaimer: This site may contain links to web sites not administered by Saddleback College or one of its divisions, departments,
units or programs. Saddleback College is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or the content of the linked pages.