- August 7 - New Faculty Orientation: This orientation will provide all new faculty members (part-time and full-time) a general overview of Saddleback College and its services/resources. The orientation is from
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in BGS 249. Please join us.
- Prepare for Fall 2014: As a new or returning faculty, explore this site for the latest tips for both you and your students to support your success at Saddleback College: Semester Procedures.
- Summer Grades: For early ending summer classes, check your grade submission deadline on MySite. For classes that end at the end of the summer term, the deadline is Aug 15th.
- Fall Semester: Starts on August 18th
- Summer 2014 - New Faculty Orientations: Through the Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249), we will be offering New Faculty Orientations to all part-time faculty members and any new full-time faculty members during Summer 2014. The focus of these orientations will be to provide a general overview of Saddleback College and its resources to faculty.
- August 11 - 15th - WOW Week: The focus of this Week of Workshops (WOW) will be to provide a mini “flex” week for students. During the week of August 11 - 15, 2014, we will be offering faculty/student lead workshops designed to help students prepare for their Fall semester courses. Be part of this effort.
Fall 2014 Professional Development Week (August 11 - August 15, 2014)
- Fall 2014 Professional Development Week: Please join us for a week of professional development activities for all faculty, administrators, and staff from August 11 - August 15, 2014.
Opening Session and Associate Faculty Dinner: All part-time and full-time faculty members are invited to attend this event on Thursday, August 14 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Enjoy a reception, dinner, and program. Dr. Burnett will provide a comprehensive update and discussion on key issues impacting the college over the coming year. The program will also include a presentation on Student Success at Saddleback College and its new AVID program. Reception at 4:30 p.m., Dinner at 5:00 p.m. and Program from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Please RSVP at: President's Associate Faculty Dinner
Approval Process for Online Education - Course by Instructors
Step One: Check out the Approval Process for Online Education
- For help with your C2 form and best practices in online education, see Kathy Damm, Center Coordinator, and the staff in the Faculty Center for Student Success.
- Submit all hard copies of the C2 forms and course syllabus to the Curriculum Office in BGS 211 and 212
Online Education Database - Courses Approved by Instructors (updated as of July 17th)
|Faculty Forms and Documents||
|Student Learning and Technical Support (Referral for Students)||
Important College/Division Dates:
|College/Division Dates||Academic Calendar|
Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
|Faculty Center for Student Success||
Free Tutoring and Workshops for Students
|Tutoring at Saddleback College||
|Student Success Workshops||
Please refer your students in need of support with their college email, MySite, and Blackboard to these sites:
|Student Resources||Computer Labs on Campus|
|Student Technical Support||Student Help Directory for Technical Support|