The Faculty Center (BGS 249)
For faculty support in pedagogy and best practices in online and on campus instruction, please drop by the Faculty Center in BGS 249. With the support of our trained faculty and staff, learn new strategies and techniques to enhance the quality of your teaching while reducing your time on class preparation and management. For additional information, check out our new website: Faculty Center @ https://faculty.saddleback.edu/center. This website is still under construction.
Get support with such activities as:
- Virtual Office Hours and Online Student Interaction: Explore how to interact with your students online via such platforms as Zoom.us or the WorldWideWhiteboard.
- Student Tutorials and Learning Videos: Create student tutorials and learning videos to explain difficult course concepts or provide general introductions to learning tools and strategies for your classes.
- Blackboard for Face-to-Face Classes: For your face-to-face classes, set up Blackboard as a way to post grades, assignments, announcements, videos, and other pertinent resources for your students. Every course automatically has a Blackboard shell. For a “Quick Reference” on Blackboard, go to this site: http://www.saddleback.edu/de/cidde/BlackboardHelp/index.html.
Featured Workshop for the Week of October 27th:
- Topic: Embedding Twitter - How to embed Twitter into your classes.
- Workshop Facilitator: Brett Myhren, Faculty Center Coordinator and English Professor
- Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- Location: The Faculty Center (BGS 249)
Week of Workshops (WOW) on January 12 - 16, 2015. Get involved in helping our students with their success. For additional information, go to: Spring 2015 WOW
|Faculty Forms and Documents||
|Student Learning and Technical Support (Referral for Students)||
Important College/Division Dates:
|College/Division Dates||Academic Calendar|
Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
|Faculty Center for Student Success||
Free Tutoring and Workshops for Students
|Tutoring at Saddleback College||
|Student Success Workshops||
Please refer your students in need of support with their college email, MySite, and Blackboard to these sites:
|Student Resources||Computer Labs on Campus|
|Student Technical Support||Student Help Directory for Technical Support|