- Faculty Center for Student Success: For faculty support in pedagogy and best practices in online and on campus classes, please see our faculty coordinators and staff in the Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249). For additional information, go to: http://www.saddleback.edu/fcss
- Professional Development Activities: Throughout the year, Saddleback College will be hosting professional development activities. For additional information, check out our webpage: http://www.saddleback.edu/oelr/professional-development
- Prepare for Fall 2014: As a new or returning faculty, explore this site for the latest tips for both you and your students to support your success at Saddleback College: Semester Procedures.
- Important Change: Curriculum Approval Process for Online Education (see below).
Very Important Announcement
C2/C3 Distance Education Faculty Approval – Process Change
- As the result of a vote by the Curriculum Committee in a special meeting today, the current C2/C3 DE Faculty approval process will be suspended effective immediately.
- The August 22 deadline for submission has been cancelled. No forms are due for DE faculty approval.
- No currently scheduled classes will be cancelled as a result of DE approval status of the instructor for the Fall 14 and Spring 15 semesters.
- A work group will be convened to research and develop a process that both meets regulations and works with the dynamic scheduling deadlines of the college.
June Millovich, Curriculum Chair
Dan Walsh, Academic Senate President
Teaching and Learning
Fall 2014 Faculty Coordinators - Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
To serve all faculty members with their instructional needs in both online and on campus classes, the Center has five faculty coordinators for Fall 2014. The names and contact information for these coordinators are:
- Kathy Damm: email@example.com or (949) 582-4816 or
Center Hours: Tuesday/Thursday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am or by appointment
- Rebecca Knapp: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4613 or
Center Hours: Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 pm or by appointment (Focus on CTE)
- Jenny Langrell: email@example.com or (949) 582-4453 or
Center Hours: Monday from 10 am to 1 pm or by appointment
- Ken Lee: klee46.edu or (949) 348-6290 or (Focus on CTE)
Center Hours: Friday from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm or by appointment
- Brett Myhren: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4600 or
Center Hours: Wednesday from 2 pm to 5 pm or by appointment
Key support for faculty include:
- Conducting new faculty orientations - general overview
- Providing individual sessions and workshops on best practices in teaching and learning in both online and on campus classes.
- Advising faculty on college resources and services.
- Coordinating outside professional development training and workshops for all faculty.
- Maintaining and updating our Faculty Guide to Online Education.
- Supporting faculty with the development and implementation of online courses.
- Serving as a liaison with deans and department chairpersons on the instructional needs of their faculty.
|Faculty Forms and Documents||
|Student Learning and Technical Support (Referral for Students)||
Important College/Division Dates:
|College/Division Dates||Academic Calendar|
Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
|Faculty Center for Student Success||
Free Tutoring and Workshops for Students
|Tutoring at Saddleback College||
|Student Success Workshops||
Please refer your students in need of support with their college email, MySite, and Blackboard to these sites:
|Student Resources||Computer Labs on Campus|
|Student Technical Support||Student Help Directory for Technical Support|