for Downloading and Installing WS_FTP Lite
- The first step is to download WS_FTP Lite program.
- When you are ready to
download WS_FTP Lite, click the link below. The "Lite"
versions, is free for personal use, educational use and for use by
federal, state, and local government entities.
- Once your click the
link, a directory window will appear asking for the location where you
wish to save the file. Either make a note of the directory in which
the file will be saved, or navigate your hard disk to the location where
you wish to save the file, then click the Save button.
Download WS_FTP Lite
- Install the WS_FTP Lite software.
- Locate the ws_ftple.exe
file that was saved on your hard disk in Step 1 and double-click its the
- Verify that the Install
WS_FTP Lite is selected, then click the Continue button.
- Click the first item to indicate your are a college
student, then click the Next button.
- Next, choose "At home" and "For academic
work," then click the Next button.
- Read the WS_FTP setup program license agreement, then
click the Accept button.
- Click the OK button to indicate that you want to install
the WS_FTP program files in the default directory of C:\Program
- Enter the name of the directory where your Web pages
and associated files are located, the click the OK button.
- Click the OK button to accept the anonymous FTP user
- Click the OK button to accept the default Program
- Installation is now complete, click the OK button.
- Now you must configure WS_FTP to connect to the ftp
server. Click the link below to display the Configure WS_FTP-LE