WOMEN’S HEALTH 3
Professor Nancy Bessette 582-4484 email@example.com
Office Hours TTh 1-2PM W 12pm-2pm Room 409
Required TEXT: ”womens bodies, womens wisdom “ Christine Northrup,md
1. All take home assignments must be typed. When sending assignments by email ...Please put your name and the title of the assignment in the SUBJECT box.....
For example SUBJECT: Jane Smith Chapter 12
2. PARTICIPATION WILL BE INCLUDED AS PART OF YOUR FINAL GRADE. 5 points per class meeting. PLEASE SIGN IN AT EACH CLASS MEETING. Do not sign in for others.
3. EXTRA CREDIT- ALL WORK TURNED IN EARLY WILL BE GIVEN 10% OF THE POSSIBLE POINTS IN EXTRA CREDIT. SEVERAL EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE PRESENTED WHEN THE CLASS MEETS FOR WHICH THERE WILL BE NO MAKEUPS.
4. LATE WORK- LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR two weeks BEYOND ITS DUE DATE. 10% DEDUCTION AFTER THE FIRST MEETING AND 15% DEDUCTION AFTER THE SECOND MEETING AND 20% BY THE THIRD MEETING. CLASS QUIZZES- NO MAKEUP’S
5. GRADING SCALE 87-100% = A 77-86% = B 65-76% = C 60-65% = D
D= Requires the Introduction, Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,and 15, The Self exploration
attendance, goals, guest speaker and video evaluations
C= All of the above plus 1 additional chapter or comparable outside reading
B= All of the above plus a second additional chapter or comparable reading
A= All of the above plus a third additional chapter or comparable reading
Comparable outside reading must be approved by the instructor if not on the recommended reading list. Books will count as more than one chapter but will require more than the 4 minimum quotes for additional credits.
6. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
A. ALL NOTES AND ASSIGNMENTS COMPLETED ON TIME
B. FOR ASKING QUESTIONS FOR ALL THAT IS UNCLEAR TO YOU
C. FOR YOUR GRADE
D. FOR CHOOSING PARTNERS TO ASSIST YOU (HANDOUTS AND ASSIGNMENTS WHEN YOU . ARE ABSENT. KEEPING YOUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PARTNER.
E. STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DROPPING THE CLASS IF THEY CHOOSE TO NOT
ATTEND. Last day to drop with a “ W “ is _____________
F. LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR CREDIT/NOCREDIT IS ____________
7. Print a copy of ALL your work and SAVE on computer or in a notebook for the ENTIRE semester. Send all early work to: firstname.lastname@example.org Work must be sent by 5pm the Friday before its due date to be considered early. Optional work will not earn early credits and will not be accepted late. Work turned in on time is mandatory for an “A” grade.
8. FORMAT FOR CHAPTER OUTLINES- See separate handout
9. FORMAT FOR GUEST LECTURERS AND VIDEO CRITIQUES-
A. Write a one page summery and personal perspective. List facts and key concepts covered by the video or speakers. What did you learn?? List areas of new information gathered, areas of increased personal awareness of old information, or insights you may apply to your daily life What impact did the speaker or information have on you?. Use behavioral terms. Speak from your own personal experiences. Avoid non-measurable terms such as great, good, better, healthier, sometimes, always, more, less, a lot, etc. These are judgments of like/dislike about your actual experiences. Specifically describe your experience and then tell what you think about it and why you think that way. Was there any area or topic that you would have liked more information on?? Would you recommend this speaker be invited back??
10. DISABILITIES- Any student with a DOCUMENTED disability needing academic adjustments is requested to speak with the professor during the first two weeks. All discussions will remain confidential.
11. CODE OF CONDUCT - PLEASE SEE PAGES 40-41 OF THE SADDLEBACK STUDENT HANDBOOK FOR THE CODE OF CONDUCT , THE ACADEMIC HONOR CODE AND DISHONESTY POLICY, CHEATING AND PLAGIARISM POLICIES.
ANYONE FOUND CHEATING OR PLAGARIZING WILL RECEIVE A “F” ON THE ASSIGNMENT AND BE REPORTED TO THE VP FOR STUDENT SERVICES. NO MAKEUPS WILL BE ALLOWED AND NO EXTRA CREDIT POINTS WILL APPLY TO THE FINAL GRADE.