Test 1 Footer
All sites should have a footer, you need to create footer with contact and about information. Put this footer at the bottom of you main home page. More detailed information...
- Add an about_me link, if you have a social media account such as facebook or linked In, you can use this as your about-me link or insert it as part of your profile - make sure you use a facebook badge and link to your facebook page.
For linked in use the profile-badges (just pick one and use the left text box code) - For example, my linked in (but don't link to my page) is
- If you are still using CS3 generate a SiteMap bitmap. Before generating the site map make sure all book folders have been cloaked; Refer to video 3 on cim-dreamweaver interface. The first video for chapter 4 has a discussion on creating a site map. Also the last video of chapter 1 has a short sit e map discussion. The steps to generate a site map with Dreamweaver are....
- On File Panel click right most expand icon - this gives you a full local and remote file view
- New buttons icons will appear click site map icon, This icon has two options map only, map & files.
You can open up tripsmart and blooms folders on the image screen
- With site map showing Use File --> Save Site Map
- Give your bitmap a save file name like site.bmp
- Link to this bmp on the bottom footer
I have done these three things at the bottom of this page. Yahoo and Most popular also have a footer, In Chapter 6 assignment we will be adding copyright - IP (Intellectual Property) right notices to your footer.
Redesign you home page on CIM (i.e., http://cim.saddleback.edu/~sbusername), take into account the following points...
- You must maintain links to your assignments
- Consider adding a background or header/footer Images
- Consider adding icons that point to blooms or tripsmart
- In test 1 you should of created a good signature footer