OFFICE HOURS :
The Student Financial Assistance
Office Will Be Closed Friday
May 17th for the Saddleback
College Scholarship Ceremony
Monday - Thursday
8am to 4:30pm
Tuesday - Wednesday
8am to 6:00pm
8 am - noon
Location: SSC-106 [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4860
HIGHER ONE ATM
Student Services Building
Building (MSE) -
(PE 200) - Foyer
For your convenience a
Document Drop Box
outside our office.
Student Financial Assistance & Scholarship Office
Financial Aid Awarding Guidelines
These guidelines apply to the awarding of financial aid to Saddleback College students.
- All financial aid recipients must have a Student Educational Plan completed with a counselor on file in the SFASO.
- All students must make satisfactory academic progress toward his/her objective. All students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 or its equivalent, or have an academic standing consistent with the requirements of graduation from their academic program. An academically disqualified student will be required to appeal to receive federal financial aid. The Board of Governor's fee waiver is an exception. (BOGFW)
- Students who have attended six lower-division semesters, or the equivalent quarter periods to a total of six semesters, will not be continued on financial aid except in extraordinary circumstances.
- Students who enrolled for less than half-time over a six-semester period will be permitted an extension commensurate with their part-time status (i.e., a student enrolled for six units per semester will be allowed 12 semesters to complete their course of study).
- Students who have completed 90 units or more will be continued on financial aid only with the approval of the SFASO.
- Financial aid will be withheld for a student when the SFASO has knowledge of a discrepancy in the information reported on a student’s financial aid application.
- Upon approval of the SFASO, financial aid may be reinstated providing a suitable explanation with backup documentation is submitted for clarification of the discrepancy.