To apply for Financial Aid, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (link is external) at www.fafsa.gov
Here are a few key things to remember when applying for Financial Aid:
- To complete a FAFSA, you and your custodial parent (if applicable) will need a Federal Student Aid Id (link is external)
- Complete a new FAFSA for each academic year
- Complete the FAFSA before March 2. If you miss this deadline, you will only be considered for Federal Direct Loans and Pell Grant
- Remember to list Saddleback College’s school code (#008918) in the "School Selection" section of the FAFSA
After the FAFSA
- Approximately 1-2 weeks after you complete the FAFSA, you will receive an e-mail informing you to check your processing status on the FAFSA website (link is external). If you did not provide an e-mail address, the FAFSA processor will mail you a Student Aid Report (SAR). Carefully review your status and follow the instructions if you need to make any corrections. Our office will receive your information as long as Saddleback College, school code #008918, is listed in the "School Selection" section
- All students will be sent an E-Mail informing them to check the status of their Financial Aid application in the My Financial Aid Portal.
View the following tutorial 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA (link is external) for step by step assistance in filling out your FAFSA.
For more information about Financial Aid Programs visit: