Welcome to the Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
Monday - Thursday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Faculty Center for Student Success provides faculty workshops and training that promote excellence in teaching to ensure the highest level of student learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
Individual training and workshop topics include:
- Use of Blackboard in both online and face-to-face classes
- Instructional design support for online classes
- Ways to incorporate instructional technology in your classes, including the latest technologies
- Best teaching and learning practices specific to all learning modalities
- Class assessment practices and skills
- Strategies to address basic skills needs of students in your classes
- Other topics related to teaching and learning
Workspace and Lounge: The Center offers both a workspace and lounge area for any full-time and part-time faculty members who wish to stop by to work and simply relax.
Just Drop-in for Coffee, Snacks, Computer & Copier Use!
- Prepare for Fall 2014: As a new or returning faculty, explore this site for the latest tips for both you and your students to support your success at Saddleback College: Semester Procedures.
Fall 2014 Faculty Coordinators - Faculty Center for Student Success
To serve all faculty members with their instructional needs in both online and on campus classes, the Center has five faculty coordinators for Fall 2014. The names and contact information for these coordinators are:
- Kathy Damm: email@example.com or (949) 582-4816 or
Center Hours: Tuesday/Thursday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am or by appointment
- Rebecca Knapp: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4613 or
Center Hours: Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 pm or by appointment (Focus on CTE)
- Jenny Langrell: email@example.com or (949) 582-4453 or
Center Hours: Monday from 10 am to 1 pm or by appointment
- Ken Lee: klee46.edu or (949) 348-6290 or (Focus on CTE)
Center Hours: Friday from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm or by appointment
- Brett Myhren: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 582-4600 or
Center Hours: Wednesday from 2 pm to 5 pm or by appointment
Key support for faculty include:
- conducting new faculty orientations - general overview and specific areas of interest.
- providing coaching/mentoring sessions in best teaching strategies in both online and on campus classes.
- advising faculty on college resources and services.
- coordinating outside professional development training and workshops for all faculty.
- supporting faculty with the development and implementation of online courses.
- serving as a liaison with deans and department chairpersons on the instructional needs of their faculty.
Note: All sessions with the faculty coordinators are confidential.
Reservations: Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab (BGS 249)
Reserve the Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab in BGS 249
Lab Reservation Form
**Lab includes 18 computers (dual platform) and a trainer's station. Drop by to see the lab.
Reserve the conference table (BGS 249)
Call Cora at 949.582.4516 or (949) 582-4515 (Faculty Center)
|Instructional Design and Distance Education Support (CIDDE)|
Checklist for Success
|Faculty Forms and Documents|