Welcome to the Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
Monday - Thursday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Faculty Center for Student Success provides faculty workshops and training that promote excellence in teaching to ensure the highest level of student learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
Individual training and workshop topics include:
- Use of Blackboard in both online and face-to-face classes
- Instructional design support for online classes
- Ways to incorporate instructional technology in your classes, including the latest technologies
- Best teaching and learning practices specific to all learning modalities
- Class assessment practices and skills
- Strategies to address basic skills needs of students in your classes
- Other topics related to teaching and learning
Workspace and Lounge: The Center offers both a workspace and lounge area for any full-time and part-time faculty members who wish to stop by to work and simply relax.
Just Drop-in for Coffee, Snacks, Computer & Copier Use!
- Professional Development Activities for Fall 2014: For Fall 2014 and Spring 2015, the Center faculty and staff are pulling together our Professional Development Activities. For additional information, please check out this site: http://www.saddleback.edu/oelr/professional-development
- Fall 2014 Faculty Coordinators: For faculty coaching and mentoring for pedagogy and best practicies in online education and on campus, please see our Center Coordinators. For more information, go to
Faculty Center Coordinators.
Reservations: Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab (BGS 249)
Reserve the Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab in BGS 249
Lab Reservation Form
**Lab includes 18 computers (dual platform) and a trainer's station. Drop by to see the lab.
Reserve the conference table (BGS 249)
Call Cora at 949.582.4516 or (949) 582-4515 (Faculty Center)
|Instructional Design and Distance Education Support (CIDDE)|
Checklist for Success
|Faculty Forms and Documents|