Welcome to the Faculty Center for Student Success (BGS 249)
Monday - Thursday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Faculty Center for Student Success provides faculty workshops and training that promote excellence in teaching to ensure the highest level of student learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
Individual training and workshop topics include:
- Use of Blackboard in both online and face-to-face classes
- Instructional design support for online classes
- Ways to incorporate instructional technology in your classes, including the latest technologies
- Best teaching and learning practices specific to all learning modalities
- Class assessment practices and skills
- Strategies to address basic skills needs of students in your classes
- Other topics related to teaching and learning
Workspace and Lounge: The Center offers both a workspace and lounge area for any full-time and part-time faculty members who wish to stop by to work and simply relax.
Just Drop-in for Coffee, Snacks, Computer & Copier Use!
New Faculty Center Website: https://faculty.saddleback.edu/center
Upcoming Events and Activities
Gear Up for Spring 2015
Gear Up for Spring 2015: Class registration for Spring 2015 will begin on November 19th. Please gear up for success by reviewing the following tips: Spring 2015 Start-up Tips.
Faculty Center Support Activities
- New Faculty Orientations: If you are new to teaching at Saddleback College, please come to the Faculty Center for support with success tips on pedagogy, time-saving techniques, technology tools, and teaching resources that will help make your life at Saddleback easier, while also improve quality instruction.
- Virtual Office Hours and Online Student Interaction: Explore how to interact with your students online via such platforms as Zoom.us or the WorldWideWhiteboard.
- Student Tutorials and Learning Videos: Create student tutorials and learning videos to explain difficult course concepts or provide general introductions to learning tools and strategies for your classes.
- Blackboard for Face-to-Face Classes: For your face-to-face classes, set up Blackboard as a way to post grades, assignments, announcements, videos, and other pertinent resources for your students. Every course automatically has a Blackboard shell.
Faculty Center Coordinators
- Fall 2014 Faculty Coordinators: For faculty coaching and mentoring for pedagogy and best practicies in online education and on campus, please see our Center Coordinators. For more information, go to
Faculty Center Coordinators.
Week of Workshops (WOW) on January 12 - 16, 2015. Get involved in helping our students with their success. For additional information, go to: Spring 2015 WOW
Reservations: Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab (BGS 249)
Reserve the Faculty and Staff Computer Training Lab in BGS 249
Lab Reservation Form
**Lab includes 18 computers (dual platform) and a trainer's station. Drop by to see the lab.
Reserve the conference table (BGS 249)
Call Cora at 949.582.4516 or (949) 582-4515 (Faculty Center)
|Instructional Design and Distance Education Support (CIDDE)|
|Faculty Forms and Documents|