Who may participate?
- All Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College students in good standing (enrolled in at least 3 units, with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0) may apply to participate as a presenter or moderator.
- All Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College students may attend.
Do I have to be an Honors student to participate?
- No. You need only to be currently enrolled at either Irvine Valley College or Saddleback College (or both!) and in good standing as a student.
How much does it cost to attend, moderate, or present at the symposium?
- Information about our generous sponsors will be available at the symposium!
What presentation formats are allowed?
- Oral presentations: Individual or group
- Poster presentations
Must I have a faculty mentor approve my application to present or moderate?
- To present: YES.
- To moderate: NO.
How do I get to Saddleback?
- Follow the instructions on this page: /maps/
- If it's a good surfing day, allow extra time for your commute!
- The parking lots closest to the symposium are Lot 10 and Lot 12.
Do I have to pay for parking?
- Both Saddleback College and Irvine Valley College permits will be honored.
- Students are restricted to student lots, no matter what day or time they park.
- For vistors, day permits are available for $2 at several Daily Parking Permit Dispensers. These dispensers are marked by black stars on our campus map: /maps/. There is a permit dispenser in Lot 10.
Where at Saddleback will the symposium be held?
- The first place to get to is the patio area between the SM and LRC/LIB buildings. /maps/
- The plenary and awards sessions will be in SM 313.
- The poster session will be in the poster display center in the main hallway of the SM building.
- The breakout sessions will be on the first floor of the LRC/LIB building.
I have a different question. How do I get it answered?
- Email Prof. Rosenberg at email@example.com, because she should have thought of it.
- More FAQs will be answered as they are discovered!