Monday - Friday
8am to 5:00pm
Location: HS Building [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4701
Chelsey Gray, BA
Barbara Penland, RN, MA
THE APPLICATION PROCESS / ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission to the paramedic program requires a combination of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and previous emergency response experience. Therefore it is necessary to obtain coursework and experience prior to entering the program.
High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Current California EMT License.
Current basic life Support (CPR) card. This card must be an American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider". This card must be valid throughout the duration of the class you are applying.
- One year of full time verified work experience as an EMT on an emergency response vehicle, such as a fire engine or private ambulance. Only signed and dated letters written on department/company letterhead will be considered.
- Although not required, applicants are encouraged to include letters of recommendation from employers, coworkers, and/or instructors. A maximum of three letters are accepted. Address letters to: Barbara Penland, Paramedic Program Director, Saddleback College.
- A resume is not required but may be submitted with the application. Do not attach copies of certificates. If you wish to mention certificates, please include them in your resume.
- Unsigned letters will not be considered.
- Please staple application packet in top left corner. Do not place in a report cover.
- The following academic preparation is strongly recommended:
| Cardiac Dysrhythmias
||Application Due Dates
||April 6, 2012
||January 4, 2013
||September 6, 2013
|Download application for admission.
Complete and submit application to:
28000 Marguerite Pkwy.
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
*Note EMT-courses are available through Saddleback College through its Health Science and Human Services Division.