When to Apply:
|Semester||Outside of U.S.A. Applicant||In the U.S.A. Transfer Applicant *|
|Fall||February 1 - June 1||February 1 - August 1|
|Spring||August 1 - November 1||August 1 - December 1|
|Summer||February 1 - March 1||February 1 - April 1|
*student already has F-1 Visa from another U.S. institution
- Saddleback College General Application.
- International Student Supplement.
- $54 non-refundable application fee. Send a check or money order payable to “Saddleback College” OR to pay with a credit card through your student account once you have been issued a student ID, pay here.
- Original official transcript of academic records equivalent to graduation from an American high school. Provide English translation by an official translator if necessary.
- Evidence of Financial Resources. Submit current bank statement or a bank letter showing adequate financial support for at least your first year of study at Saddleback College ($20,000). All documents must be in English and cannot be older than six months at the time of application. Funds may be either in US dollars or foreign currency.
- English Requirement. Students whose native language is not English must submit a current score report (not more than 2 years old) of one of the following exams with the required minimum score: TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP or STEP EIKEN. If you have not taken one of the abovementioned tests, please make arrangements to take it at least 2 months before the application deadline.
If you are transferring from an English Language School, Saddleback College will accept the following course completion as English proficiency:
- TOEFL minimum score of 470 (paper based), 52 (internet based). Use code #4747 to submit TOEFL score report to Saddleback College.
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4.5.
- iTEP minimum score of 4.
- STEP EIKEN test must be passed at the grade 2 level.
- AOI College of Languages - completion of Level 6.
- GEOS English Academy, Costa Mesa - completion of Level 6.
- Kaplan English Programs - completion of Advanced Level.
- Poly Languages Institute - completion of Level 6.
The English test requirement may be waived for applicants who can demonstrate that they have successfully completed the equivalent to Saddleback College ENG 200 at an accredited institution of higher education. Students who have completed 3 years of U.S. high school and have graduated with a diploma are not required to take the above listed exams.
- If you are under the age of 18, submit a notarized guardianship letter from a guardian in California. Please read the Guardianship for Minor Applicants Procedures document.
Additional documents required for students transferring from another school in the United States:
- Photocopies of current I-20 form, U.S. visa, passport photo page and I-94 (front and back) or the print out of Admission (I-94) Number Retrieval from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/.
- Transcript or verification of enrollment from the school last attended.
Mail or bring in your completed application packet to:
International Student Office
28000 Marguerite Parkway, SSC #107
Mission Viejo, CA. 92692-3635
After submitting the required documents, you will be considered for admission and will be notified of your admission decision by e-mail within 10 business days.
Receiving Your Documents: To receive your I-20 form and admission documents by express shipping with tracking number (highly recommended), please pre-pay for shipping at https://study.eshipglobal.com. Create an account and pre-pay online. Please enter your Saddleback College ID number in the “Student ID field” if you have received it, or enter 99999 if you do not have a Saddleback College ID number. We will print out the shipping label and mail your documents. We can also ship your documents by regular mail at no charge to you.