Saddleback College is located in the beautiful city of Mission Viejo, California. Like most community colleges, Saddleback College does not have on-campus dormitories and does not directly arrange housing for students.
The area surrounding Saddleback College is consistently ranked as the safest in the United States. South Orange County, with its high standard of living, proximity to breathtaking beaches and safe neighborhoods offers many options for comfortable independent and homestay living.
Most of our international students choose to stay in private apartment complexes nearby or with American host families through the WISE-World International Student Exchange Program. In addition, students can also use the Saddleback College Online Housing Board to locate off-campus housing.
WISE-World International Student Exchange Program
WISE charges a placement fee to match you with a compatible, pre-screened host family. Your living arrangements would depend on your personal preferences as well as those of the host family. The host family can provide meals, or you may choose a no-meal option. You would have a private bedroom and shared bathroom. A refundable security/damage deposit of $200 will be charged in addition to the placement fee and the monthly homestay stipend/rent. The stipend/rent and deposit is paid directly to the host family.
WISE has its own rules and regulations regarding the homestay program. Our college does not monitor or administer this program. Applications must be submitted directly to WISE. It is encouraged that you apply prior to your arrival so you will have an immediate place to stay when you arrive. This will allow time for you to get to know the community and culture should you choose more independent living at a later date.
- Homestay with a family, in a safe neighborhood within the local area. All homestay families undergo a criminal record background check to ensure safety of international students.
- Rate: $870 per 30 day month, 2 meals daily (breakfast and dinner), $615 per 30 day month, no meals (minimum one month stay required, and 15 day advanced notice to exit the homestay required).
- Fully furnished private room with internet access, bed and bath linens.
- Post-arrival homestay orientation materials.
- Includes utilities: gas, electric, water, internet connection, and laundry access. Host family will also teach you about public transportation.
- All homes are public bus stop accessible for transportation to and from campus.
- Immersion in American English language and culture. You will have the benefit of daily English conversation practice.
- Shopping and other activities with the family as offered.
- $200 fully refundable security deposit with proper move out, $295 placement fee, (additional $15 credit card processing fee if this payment method is used) and $95 term continuation fee apply.
- Escort/transfer service available from/to local airports to/from the homestay for an additional fee.
- Submit application 8-12 weeks in advanced preferred, though applications are accepted at any time including mid school term.
- Stay with an American family that represents the diverse ethnicities, races, religions and socio-economic class of the surrounding communities.