Part-Time / Concurrent Enrollment

Outgoing Concurrent Enrollment


Saddleback College F-1 student requesting to enroll part-time at another institution.

Please complete the Outgoing Concurrent Enrollment Form if you plan to take part-time coursework at another institution. You may qualify to obtain permission if you are currently an international student at Saddleback College who has successfully completed one semester. You need to provide the school's name in which you plan to enroll part-time, course name, a print out of the course description and total number of units for the course.

Please note that your request for concurrent enrollment is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, with no guarantee that concurrent enrollment will be granted. Your academic and enrollment history among other factors will be considered during the review process. If your request is granted, a letter will be issued, which you will then take to the school you will take coursework part-time.

Incoming Concurrent Enrollment


F-1 student from another institution wishing to enroll part-time at Saddleback College.

F-1 students who are enrolled full-time at an approved college, institution, university or language program and who are maintaining their student status are permitted to take coursework at Saddleback College on a part-time basis. Students are limited to two classes which may not exceed six units.

In order to enroll part-time, students must submit:

  1. Provide a letter from your current school written on their letterhead paper from a Designated School Official (DSO) allowing you permission to enroll in classes at Saddleback College.  The letter should include each class title and number of units you are allowed to take.  A letter is required for each term of concurrent enrollment.
  2. The general online application, for new students to Saddleback College.
  3. $54 Application Fee (non-refundable; payable each semester) made payable to Saddleback College.
  4. Copy of the student’s I-20 form, photo page of passport, visa, and I-94 card (both sides).

Transcripts may also be required to validate course prerequisites or co-requisites.

Once complete, all documents must be submitted to International Student Office, Room SSC #107.