Here are the steps to sign up for ESL classes at Saddleback College:
1) Apply to the College (You can skip this step if you took classes at Saddleback or Irvine Valley last semester.)
2) Take the ESL Assessment Test
3) Check 'mysite' for your registration time
(If classes have already started you can skip this step).
4) Register and pay for classes
5) Come to the 1st Day of Class
NOTE: For more complete information or if you want more hands-on assistance with registration, just go to Admissions and Records office (SSC 102: Map) during business hours or call them at (949) 582-4555.
For more information about Matriculation, please visit their office (SSC 225-B, Map) during business hours or call them at (949) 582-4970.
1) Apply to the College
NOTE: You do not need to apply if you took classes at Saddleback or Irvine Valley last semester.
Apply online at this website. You will need a valid email address to apply online.
After you fill out the application you will receive an email from the college with your student ID number and information about registration. It may take a few days for you to get this email.
2) Take the ESL Assessment Test
Look here for the dates of the assessment test and information on how to register. This test will help you figure out what classes you should take.
The assessment takes 3 hours and includes a 45 minute test and an orientation.
3) Check mysite for your registration time
Each semester you have a date and time to register for classes. You can only register for classes AFTER this date and time.
1) To find your registration date and time, log into your mysite account here.
2) On the left of the webpage you will see the words "My Classes". Click on "My Classes". Then, click on "Register for Classes". You will see your registration time or instructions on how to register for classes.
4) Register and Pay for Classes
Log onto your mysite account here.
On the left of the webpage you will see the words "My Classes". Click on "My Classes" and a new menu will open beneath it. Click on "Register for Classes" to begin the registration process.
You will need to follow these steps to register:
1) Select the semester that you are registering for and click on the "Add/Drop Classes" button.
2) You may be asked to update your records - if so, make sure the information is correct and click "Next". If the Update Records screen comes up again look at the top of the page to see what questions you still have to answer.
3) You will next see a screen that look likes this:
To add a class, enter the Ticket Number for the class and click the Add Class button. The ticket number is on the Schedule of Classes. If the semester has already started you will also need an APC code to add the class. You will receive this from your instructor.
The website will check to see that you have any prerequisites needed for the class. If everything is good, you will see the class listed under the "Pending Changes to Your Schedule". You can add more classes if you want to now.
When all the classes you want to add are listed under "Pending Changes to Your Schedule", click on "Next".
4) The next screen gives you the cost of your classes.There is ahealth fee ($17 as of Feb 2011) that you have to pay even if you are taking a non-credit (0-unit) course.
You must decide whether to purchase an ASB stamp. This stamp is $10 (as of Feb 2011) and gives you discounts on and off campus. Click here for more info on the stamp.
After you have selected "Yes" or "No" for the stamp, click "Next".
5) Finally, you will be asked to pay for the class and any fees.
You can pay by credit or debit card. After you have entered your payment information, click "Complete Registration". You will receive a confirmation that you are registered for the class! If you do not want to pay by credit or debit card, there are other options. Look
at the Student Payment Office website for more information.
6) You should check to make sure that you are registered correctly. Click on the "Current Classes" link on the left of the page. The classes that you are enrolled in should be listed.
7) Be sure to log off of mysite after you have finished.
You are now ready to come to class! Be sure to come a little early on the first day to have time to find parking and your classroom! We look forward to seeing you! Click here for more information on what to bring to class the first day!