Studies Abroad Homepage
England - Oxford
Spain - Salamanca
Spain - Santander
Study Abroad Pictures
Location: Building [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4788
Fax: (949) 364-8812
Senior Adminstrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Monday - Friday
8am to 5:00pm
Program Components Included in the Student Fee
- Transportation package consisting of international airfare (LOS ANGELES - LONDON - LOS ANGELES) and round-trip transfers between the LONDON airport and the housing in OXFORD on regular program dates. Please note that mandatory airline-imposed departure taxes and fees (estimated at $475) are not included and students will be billed separately for these.
- An orientation program in OXFORD consisting of an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, student information packet including comprehensive student handbook, local area information and a walking tour of OXFORD with the services of a professional guide including entrances to an Oxford University College and afternoon tea.
- Accommodation in single room homestays on a half-board basis with breakfast and dinner provided. Students will live no further than a bus ride from St. Hilda's College and Oxford City Centre and will be located in safe, residential areas.
- A meeting room to accommodate the SADDLEBACK COLLEGE classes at St. Hilda's College Oxford. A meeting room will be available for 3 days per week for the duration of the program. Audio-visual equipment will be provided as required including a data projector. Free WIFI access is also available in the classroom. Please note a fixed computer is not available in the classroom however AIFS can provide a laptop for use in Oxford if required.
- St. Hilda's College was founded in 1893 as an all-women's college and is now co-educational. The college buildings are set among gardens which run down to the River Cherwell and St. Hilda's is located 5 minutes walk from Magdalen Bridge and 10 minutes walk to the city centre. Should a room become unavailable at St. Hilda's College an alternative venue will be booked at a nearby location.
- The services of AIFS staff including a local, Oxford based homestay coordinator and Londno based student services staff member to (respectively) allocate and deal with any homestay issues; and to liaise with the SADDLEBACK COLLEGE faculty members and to offer assistance and support througout the program. AIFS staff will be available to handle any emergencies and will visit the campus on a disignated day each week. An AIFS staff member will also be on site for the entire first week of the program.
- Provision of 2 adjunct lecturers to teach SADDLEBACK COLLEGE approved courses in the History of Western Art and British History. Teaching will follow the course syllabus as outlined or approved by SADDLEBACK COLLEGE.
- An operating fund of £30 per student to be used for academic entrances on field trips in London and Oxford.
- Full‐day excursion to London by private coach with a panoramic tour of London accompanied by a professional guide with entrance to the Tower of London included, and an evening theatre performance in the West End.
- Full‐day trip to Bath and Stonehenge by private coach, including the services of a professional guide. Entrances to the Roman Baths and private access to Stonehenge (either during the early morning or evening) are included. Please note there is a limit of 26 people per private tour of Stonehenge so should the group numbers exceed this then they will be split into two groups with different entrance times.
- Full‐day excursion to Stratford‐upon‐Avon by private coach (with late return) accompanied by a professional guide, including visit with entrances to Warwick Castle, and an evening theatre performance at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford.
- Access to the wireless enabled AIFS Student Centre and the services of an experienced AIFS Programme Coordinator and Student Advisors for information, advice, fax and mail services and emergency contact service.
- $50 non‐refundable application fee.
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies, as outlined in the AIFS program brochure. Coverage includes $10,000 accidental medical expense and $10,000 accidental death payment plus 24‐hour emergency care assistance during the program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond the students’ control.
- $51,000,000 liability coverage with SADDLEBACK COLLEGE named as co‐insured for the duration of the program.
- Accounting / billing services in the U.S.
- Pre‐departure information services and a toll‐free contact number in the U.S.
- Promotional materials
- Advance planning services of the AIFS London program headquarters.