Study Abroad Program - Oxford Program Components
Program Components Included in Student Fee:
- Transportation package consisting of international airfare (Los Angeles-London-Los Angeles) and round-trip transfers between the London airport and the housing in Oxford on regular program dates. Please note that mandatory airline-imposed departure taxes and fees (estimated at $731) are not included and students will be billed separately for these.Advance planning services of the AIFS London program headquarters.
- An orientation program in OXFORD consisting of an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, student information packet including comprehensive student handbook, local area information and a walking tour of OXFORD with the services of a professional guide including entrances to an Oxford University College and afternoon tea.
- Accommodation in single room home-stays on a half-board basis with breakfast and dinner provided. Students will live no further than a 30 minute bus ride from Oxford City Centre and will be located in safe, residential areas.
- A meeting room to accommodate the SADDLEBACK COLLEGE classes at an Oxford College. A meeting room will be available for 3 days per week for the duration of the program. Audio-visual equipment will be provided as required including a data projector and laptop.
- The services of AIFS staff including a local Oxford based home-stay coordinator and London based student services staff member to (respectively) allocate and deal with any home-stay issues; and to liaise with the SADDLEBACK COLLEGE faculty member and to offer assistance and support throughout the program. AIFS staff will be available to handle any emergencies and will visit the campus on a designated day each week. An AIFS staff member will also be on site for the entire first week of the program.
- Provision of 2 adjunct lecturers to teach SADDLEBACK COLLEGE approved courses (HUM 1 & HIST 40). Teaching will follow the course syllabi as outlined or approved by SADDLEBACK COLLEGE.
- Course fee allocation of £100 per student.
- Full-day excursion to London by private coach (with late return) with a panoramic tour of London accompanied by a professional guide with entrance to the Tower of London included, and an evening theatre performance in the West End.
- Full-day trip to Bath and Stonehenge by private coach, including the services of a professional guide. Entrances to the Roman Baths and private access to Stonehenge (either during the early morning or evening) are included. Please note there is a limit of 26 people per private tour of Stonehenge so should the group numbers exceed this then they will be split into two groups with different entrance times or general entrance will be arranged.
- Full-day excursion to Stratford-upon-Avon by private coach (with late return) accompanied by a professional guide, including visit with entrances to Warwick Castle, entrance to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Shakespeare’s Birthplace and an evening theatre performance at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford.
- Farewell event for students, faculty and staff.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies, as outlined in the AIFS program brochure. Coverage includes $10,000 accidental medical expense and $10,000 accidental death payment plus 24-hour emergency care assistance during the program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond the students’ control.
- $51,000,000 liability coverage with SADDLEBACK COLLEGE named as co-insured for the duration of the program
- Accounting / billing services in the U.S.
- Pre-departure information services and a toll-free contact number in the U.S.
- Promotional materials