Jump to navigation
Study Abroad Program - Oxford Program Components
Program Components Included in Student Fee:
- Transportation package consisting of international airfare (Los Angeles – London – Los Angeles) and round-trip transfers between the London airport and the housing in Oxford on the scheduled program dates. Please note that a mandatory airline-imposed taxes and fuel fees (estimated at $625) are not included and students will be billed separately for these.
- An orientation program in Oxford consisting of an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, student information packet including comprehensive student handbook, local area information and a walking tour of Oxford with the services of a professional guide including entrances to an Oxford University College and afternoon tea welcome event.
- Accommodation in a single room homestay on a half-board basis with breakfast and dinner provided. Students will live no further than a 30 minutes bus ride from Oxford city center and will be located in safe residential areas.
- One classroom available for 2.5 days a week (Monday – Wednesday) for the duration of the program. Audio-visual equipment will be provided as required including a data projector and a laptop.
- The services of AIFS staff including a local Oxford based homestay coordinator and London based student services to allocate and deal with homestay issues and to liaise with the Saddleback College faculty and to offer assistance throughout the program. AIFS staff will be available to handle any emergencies and will visit the group once a week. An AIFS staff member will be on site for the entire first week of the program.
- Provision of one adjunct lecture to teach Saddleback College approved Humanities course. Teaching will follow the course syllabi as outlines or approved by Saddleback College.
- Four academically enhancing day excursions to London. Two day excursions for the humanities course, including round-trip travel on the Oxford Tube bus, unlimited travel on the day in the central zones of London and entrance to a special exhibition or museum. A day excursion to London by Oxford Tube, unlimited travel on the day on London transport in the central zones, a tour of Shakespeare’s Globe and tickets to a performance. A day excursion to London by Oxford Tube, unlimited travel on the day on London transport in the central zones, entrance to the Charles Dickens Museum and guided themed walking tour.
- Full-day excursion to London by private coach (with late return) with a panoramic tour of London accompanied by a professional guide with entrance to the Tower of London included, and an evening theatre performance in the West End.
- Full-day trip to Bath and Stonehenge by private coach, including the services of a professional guide. Entrances to the Roman Baths and private access to Stonehenge (either during the early morning or evening) are included. Please note there is a limit of 26 people per private tour of Stonehenge so should the group numbers exceed this then they will be split into two groups with different entrance times or general entrance will be arranged.
- Full-day excursion to Stratford-upon-Avon by private coach (with late return) accompanied by a professional guide, including visit with entrances to Warwick Castle, entrance to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and Shakespeare’s Birthplace and an evening theatre performance at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford.
- Farewell event for students, faculty and staff.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies, as outlined in the AIFS insurance brochure. Coverage includes $100,000 accidental medical expense and $10,000 accidental death payment plus 24-hour emergency care assistance during the program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond the students’ control.
- $51,000,000 liability coverage with Saddleback College named as additional insured for the duration of the program.
- Accounting/billing services in the U.S.
- Pre-departure information services including on-site pre-departure orientation with AIFS staff.
- A toll-free contact number in the U.S.
- Promotional materials and assistance with marketing development.
- Advance planning services of the AIFS program headquarters.