How can faculty access article/journal databases?
Faculty have On-Campus and Off-Campus access to Library databases that provide full-text articles from scholarly journals, magazines, newspapers, government documents, reference resources and eBook collections.
On the library page: Click Article Databases to access Library databases. For On-Campus use go directly into the database. For Off-Campus access you will be redirected to the Off-Campus login page.
At the Off-Campus login page, provide the following:
- Username= first part of Saddleback email address. Example=jsmith
- Password=the same password to login to your campus computer
- Note: Once you login into one database you will be able to use all Library databases for the duration of your session.
How many items can faculty borrow at a time?
Faculty may borrow up to 12 books at a time.
- Present a valid photo ID
- Employment for the current semester is verified by the circulation staff
- Books are loaned for the duration of the current semester
Can faculty request a book through Inter-Library Loan (ILL) and how long does it take?
Faculty may request items unavailable in the Saddleback College Library through interlibrary loan (ILL). Most requested materials take 1-3 weeks to arrive. ILL requests may be submitted at the Library reference desk.
Do the faculty have a contact in the library?
Each Librarian serves as a liaison to the following subject areas and can assist faculty with new requests for the library collection.
Auxiliary Sciences of History, Education and Religion
Law, Military & Naval Science, Political Science, Science, Social Sciences and Sports
Anthropology, Asian Languages, Environmental Sciences, ESL, Geography, Music, Photography, Psychology and Technology
What kind of instruction does the library provide?
The library offers several different types of instructional services to support classroom teaching and student success. These services include credit courses and the following Workshops for Fall 2016:
- Avoiding Plagiarism (online only)
- Books & eBooks
- EasyBib Citations
- Finding Articles (also available online)
- Finding Information (online only)
- Internet Searching
- Planning Your Research
What kind of support can the library provide when I am developning a new course or assignment?
When you are planning a new course or class assignment, let us know! Your library liaison can work with you to ensure the library has materials necessary to support your new course or assignment.
What are the hours of reference services?
Need help locating information?Ask a Librarian
- Face to Face at the Reference Desk during Library Hours - 2nd Floor LIB/LRC
- On the Phone 949.582.4525
- Chat with a Librarian
- Or Email us and a Librarian will respond within 24 hours - except for Sunday/Holidays
How do I place material on reserve?
Faculty may place library or personal materials on reserve for students in the library.
All such items are for use in the library only.You can make reserve arrangements at the Circulation Desk.
Here is a Reserve Materials Request Form (pdf), or you can contact Circulation Desk at ext. 4526 to arrange reserves. Please submit requests at least one week (3 working days) before needed for class.