The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is a newly remodeled space that includes the library as well as several resources to support student success – tutoring services, the writing, reading, and language labs, study rooms, and computer work stations. The LRC and library will open their doors on August 20th.
The renovation has increased the usable space of the LRC building by 4,500 square feet, with a total usable area of 81,000 square feet. These spaces include hundreds computer work stations, 18 classrooms, 12 small-group study rooms, 18 new offices for faculty and staff in the Fine Arts and Media Technology, Liberal Arts, and Online Education and Learning Resources divisions, five labs, and two conference rooms.
Inside The Learning Resource Center:
- Library – All library services will be moved to the third floor of the LRC building by August 20th.
- Tutoring services – Free group, individual, and drop-in tutoring will be available beginning September 4th and will be located on the second floor (LRC 212).
- The writing, reading, and language labs – Students enrolled in certain classes are required to complete hours in one of these labs in addition to classroom time. All lab rooms are located on the second floor of the LRC.
- Student newspaper – The Lariat’s work space will be located in the LRC beginning in fall 2012.
- Computer stations – Students will have use of hundreds of computer work stations located throughout the LRC for college-related work.
- Study rooms – There are 12 private and semi-private study rooms located in the LRC.