All Freshman Advantage students may attend any of our Walk-In or Regular testing sessions.
The Matriculation process is designed to assist students in achieving their educational goals at Saddleback College. The process begins when the student applies to Saddleback College. All students that apply and do not have a minimum of an AA/AS degree will be required to complete the Matriculation Process. If a student is required to go through the Matriculation process, they cannot register for classes until the process is completed.
Matriculation is a 3 step process that includes:
- New Student Online Orientation
- Assessment Testing or Alternative Evidence
- Online Student Advisement including a First Semester Ed Plan
Matriculation follow-up service monitors student progress and informs and/or directs students who may be on academic or progress probation to appropriate services and programs for assistance.
New Changes: Starting in fall 2014, new state regulations will give registration priority to students who have completed all steps of the matriculation process and are in good academic standing.
Testing Information and Help
- Assessment (Reading, English, and Math) Test Dates
- Math Only Test Dates - Math only tests are now conducted in the regular or walk-in assessment dates.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Assessment Test Dates
- Writing Sample Appeal Test Dates
Sample Tests and Help
- Sample Math Questions
- Sample English Questions
- Sample ESL Questions
- MDTP Mathematical Analysis Readiness Online Sample Test
- MDTP Calculus Readiness Online Sample Test
- Algebra-2-Go Pre - Beg. Algebra Notes, Worksheets, and Videos
Help and More Information
- My Testing is Done, Now What?
- Viewing Matriculation Assessment Results
- Frequently asked Questions and Answers