Math and English Placement (step 2 of the Matriculation Process) is used as an indicator of the course levels a student should begin with and for prerequisite clearances. Placement can be obtained using one or more of the following methods.
High School Transcripts -- NEW --
Students may submit an unofficial or official school or district issued copy (not a student or parent portal version) of their high school transcripts showing successful completion of math and English courses completed through the 11th grade (3 years of data on a single transcript is required) with an adequate overall non-weighted GPA.
Please note: foreign and home school transcripts are not accepted and some out of state transcripts may not qualify.
District transcripts looks similar to the image on the left:
Course placement uses a Non-Weighted GPA similar to the box
below that is located on the bottom of your high school transcript:
Other U.S. Accredited College Transcripts
Students that have completed coursework at other U.S. accredited college with completed and passed Math and English courses with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript for Math and/or English placement.
AP English and Math Exams
Students may submit an AP English Composition and/or Calculus AP exam score report with a score of 3 or higher.
Note: You must submit original College Board AP English/Calculus results with a score of 3 or higher to be accepted. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit that copy for evaluation.
Take the Saddleback College Assessment Exam
If a student did not acquire the desired Math and English placement by any of the methods above they are welcome to take the Saddleback College assessment exams that are conducted by appointment for specific night and weekend or walk-in testing (no appointment required) in Village 8-5. Please call 949-582-4970 to schedule a night or weekend appointment or go to your MySite and click on My Information > Appointments > Make an Assessment Appointment and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you live outside California and do not have qualifying Alternative Evidence to submit, please email us by submitting the Contact Form requesting off-campus assessment exam proctoring services.
Document Requirements and Submission Guidelines
- C- grades are not considered passing at Saddleback College
- High school transcripts must have completed coursework through the 11th grade.
- All unofficial transcripts MUST include the student's name and the institution's name or logo
- All courses to be considered must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on a transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college transcript cannot be used
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera will not be accepted
- Unaccredited and/or foreign college courses cannot be used for Math and/or English placement
- Degree Audits or Checks are not considered transcripts and cannot be used
- Transcripts cannot be submitted in an editable format such as MS Word or Publisher. Cutting and pasting your transcript data into any document or email will not be accepted