Saddleback College Matriculation Process
Matriculation Process Document
Step 1: Apply to Saddleback College - The process begins when a new or returning student submits an application to Saddleback College. If a student is required to matriculate, they cannot register for classes until the Matriculation process is complete. Your Matriculation Status is based on the educational goal and units completed you selected on the application to Saddleback College, Not the courses you wish to enroll in.
Step 2: Online Orientation - click on the Online Orientation button to the left and follow the instructions to log into MySite and access the Orientation.
Step 3: Make an Assessment Appointment - Appointments for assessment can be made online, at the Matriculation Office SSC 225-B, or by calling the Matriculation Office (949-582-4970). A student cannot make a testing appointment without an application submitted to Saddleback College and a South Orange County Community College District Student ID Number.
Important things to remember if using Alternative Evidence:
or Turn in Alternative Evidence - Students may be exempt from the English and/or math portion of the assessment if you provide one or more forms of alternative evidence:
1. English placement results from another community college.
2. Math raw scores from the MDTP placement exam from another community college.
3. Proof of completion of the College Board Advanced Placement (AP)® English Lit/Comp or Lang/Comp exam with a score of 3 or better.
4. Proof of completion of the College Board Advanced Placement (AP)® Math Calculus AB or BC exam with a score of 3 or better.
5. Turn in an official or unofficial copy of your transcript(s) to the Matriculation Office showing courses taken in English and/or math at one or more colleges or universities and have received a passing (C or better) final grade in the course. C- or lower grades are not accepted.
- A College Prerequisite Evaluation Form is required when sending any of the above documents to our office. Evaluations can take up to 5 business days to complete so please submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to your registration period.
- Students that meet any one of the above exemptions may still be required to complete the Orientation and/or the Student Advisement steps of the Matriculation process.
Step 4: Attend Your Assessment Appointment - Assessment in Math, English, and Reading and a short orientation are conducted in the Matriculation testing room located in the Student Services Center room 225A.
Step 5: Student Advisement - Advisement sessions help students to determine their educational goal, plan a first semester schedule, and prepare a "Student Educational Plan". You must either complete the Online Advisement, attend a Group Advisement session or take course APSY 1, APSY 140 or APSY 160 to complete the matriculation process.
Step 6: Register for Classes! - You may register by online through My Site or in person at the Saddleback College Admissions and Records office located in room SSC-102.
Special Services Note: If you have a severe physical, communication or visual limitation that might require testing accommodation or if you have extreme difficulty with reading, writing, spelling, math or understanding/remembering information, please contact the Special Services Office in the Student Services Center, Room 113 or at 949-582-4885 to make alternative arrangements.