Students that have completed one of the accepted methods of Alternative Evidence may use such evidence to clear a math prerequisite at Saddleback College. Please see all accepted methods of evidence used to clear a math prerequisite below:
- Online: Saddleback College Prerequisite Request form
- Paper: Saddleback College Prerequisite Evaluation form
High School Transcripts
Students may submit an unofficial or official school or district issued copy (not a school portal version) of their high school transcripts showing successful completion of math courses completed through the 11th grade (3 years of data is required) with an adequate overall non-weighted GPA.
Please note: foreign and home school transcripts are not accepted and some out of state transcripts may not qualify.
A District transcript looks similar to the image on the left:
Course placement uses a Non-Weighted GPA similar to the box
below that is usually located at the bottom of your high school transcript:
Other U.S. Regionally Accredited College Transcripts
Students that have completed coursework at other U.S. accredited college with completed and passed math courses with a grade of C or better may submit an unofficial or official transcript to clear a math prerequisite.
- All courses to be evaluated MUST be included on a transcript from where the course was taken. Transfer credits on a different college transcript cannot be used.
- All unofficial College transcripts MUST include the student's name, the college name or logo.
- Photos of documents taken with a phone or a camera cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
- All courses to be evaluated must be completed and have a letter (C or above) or a credit (CR) grade.
- Degree Audits or Checks are not considered transcripts and cannot be used for prerequisite evaluations.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Students that have submitted official copies of their transcripts to Saddleback College will not automatically have prerequisites courses evaluated. It is the Students responsibility to submit evaluation requests to the Matriculation office or the appropriate division office to have prerequisites cleared.
AP Calculus or Stats Exam Scores
Students may submit an AP Calculus AB or BC exam score report with a score of 3 or higher. AP Stats exams with a score of 3 or higher can only be used to clear the Psychology 2 prerequisite.
- AP scores on other college or high school transcripts cannot be used.
- College Board AP exam score reports can be accessed online if taken after 2015.
Note: You must submit original College Board AP English/Calculus results with with a score of 3 or higher to be accepted. If you are submitting the online version, please click on the "Download Score Report" link (see below) and submit that copy for evaluation.
Clearing an Math Prerequisite with our Assessment Exam
- Schedule a Saddleback College assessment exam online or by calling the Matriculation Office or attend a walk-in assessment exam without the need of an appointment.
- If your assessment results show placement into a class higher than your prerequisite you have cleared the prerequisite course.
- Assessment and placement results will take 24 hours to post on MySite.
Note: Students can only place as high as Math 3A by taking the assessment exam.