The Matriculation process is designed to assist students in achieving their educational goals at Saddleback College. The process begins when a student submits an application to Saddleback College. All students that do not yet have a minimum of an AA/AS degree from an accredited U.S. college, concurrently enrolled at another 4-year college, taking classes for personal development or concurrently enrolled in grades K-11 are required to complete the Matriculation Process. California regulations state that all required students must complete the steps below prior to being eligible to register for any class at Saddleback College.
Step 1: Online Orientation - From with-in your Permit To Register email there will be a link to the Online Orientation landing page. Click on either of the links from the landing page and the orientation will begin. You may see a RED screen for 30 to 60 seconds before it begins during peak usage. You may also click on the Online Orientation button to the left and follow the instructions to log into MySite and access the Orientation.
Step 2: Math and English Placement is used as an indicator to what course levels students should begin with and also clears prerequisites in these areas. Placement can be obtained using one or both of the following options:
- Option A: Take the Assessment Exams - Appointments for assessment can be made online, at the Matriculation Office (Village 8-5), or by calling the Matriculation Office (949-582-4970). Students must have a Saddleback College student ID number to make a testing appointment. If you have taken math and/or English courses at another college, please look at option 2 "Alternative Evidence" below.
- Option B: Turn in Alternative Evidence - The following evidence may be submitted with the “Math and English Alternative Evidence Evaluation Form” to obtain math and English placement. Please see the Alternative Evidence webpage for more information. Please Note: Submitting official transcripts to Saddleback College does not automatically clear this step.
- Other college transcripts with a Saddleback College equivalent math and/or English course completed and passed with a grade of C or better.
- Students who have taken and received a 3 or higher on the English Composition and/or calculus AP exams.
- Other California Community College assessment exams that match those given at Saddleback College. MDTP for math and CTEP for English.
Step 3: Student Advisement Including a First Semester Plan - Advisement sessions are conducted online (in-person option available) and help students to determine their educational goal and prepare a First Semester Educational Plan using My Academic Plan (MAP). The Advisement must be completed after you have received math and English placement from step 2 above.
Special Services Note: If you have a severe physical, communication or visual limitation that might require testing accommodation or if you have extreme difficulty with reading, writing, spelling, math or understanding/remembering information, please contact the Special Services Office in the Student Services Center, Room 113 or at 949-582-4885 to make alternative arrangements.