The Matriculation process is designed to assist students in achieving their educational goals at Saddleback College. The process begins when a student submits an application to Saddleback College. All students are required to complete the Matriculation Process unless they have already earned an AA/AS degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college, are concurrently enrolled at a 4-year college, are taking classes for educational development (non academic), or are concurrently enrolled in grades K-11. California regulations state that all required students must complete the steps below prior to enrolling for any class at Saddleback College.
Matriculation is a 3 step process that includes:
Matriculation follow-up service monitors student progress and informs and/or directs students who may be on academic or progress probation to appropriate services and programs for assistance.
Students that do not have a qualifying high school transcript or would like to place higher than the placement obtained with either high school transcript or self selected baseline placement are welcome to take the Saddleback College assessment exam.
- Assessment (Reading, English, and Math) Test Dates
(Testing schedules are posted one month at a time. New schedules will be posted on the last day of the current month)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Assessment Test Dates
- Writing Sample Appeal exams will be held during our walk-in testing sessions Mondays & Thursdays between 9:00am and 1:30pm.
Help and More Information
- I have Math and English Placement, Now What?
- Viewing you Assessment and Placement results
- Frequently asked Questions and Answers