If the student believes that their course placement recommendation from either their placement exams or evaluation of their alternative evidence is not indicative of his/her abilities, they may take advantage of the Challenge and/or Appeal options. Students use these options if they do not want to wait the mandatory re-test waiting periods. Please see the sub-links from the yellow menu on the left for more information.
- Students may challenge their math placement given from either the math assessment exam or alternative evidence.
- Students may also appeal their English placement that was given from the placement exam only.
Assessment Exam Re-Test Policies
Students may repeat the CTEP Reading assessment exam given by the Matriculation Office after six (6) months has passed.
Students may repeat the CTEP English assessment exam given by the Matriculation Office after six (6) months has passed.
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Students may repeat the CELSA ESL assessment exam given by the Matriculation Office after three (3) months has passed.
A student may retake the same MDTP math exam given by the Matriculation office once every 3 months. Students may elect to take a higher or lower level test without a waiting period.
Locating Your Challenges or Appeal Results
- Click on the link that reads: My Information
- Click on the link that reads: Matriculation
- Click on the link that reads: Placement Info