Distance and Online Education
Faculty Center - CIDDE
Associate & Full-Time Faculty Resources
Student Help Resources
Institute for Teaching & Learning
Associate Faculty Support Committee
Online Educator Program
Phone: (949) 582-4397
Fax: (949) 364-0284
Dean of Online Education
and Learning Resources
Senior Administrative Assistant
BGS 249 (CIDDE)
Administrative Support for BSI
Division ASG Senator
Division Operational Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Per State mandates, classes that are T.B.A. (such as General Hybrid classes) are considered to be "Positive Attendance" classes. These classes require faculty to take, record, and report attendance for each class session and any T.B.A. online instructional hours to the Office of Admissions and Records.
To determine if your class is for positive attendance, check the top portion of your online class roster. Your class roster will state under “METHOD” if your class is “census” or “Positive Attendance.”
If your class is marked “Positive Attendance” on the class roster, you must do the following:
For each class session, take attendance for every student by the number of hours in class.
For General Hybrid classes (late starting classes with 9 hours of online instruction T.B.A.), your class session hours are 1.5 if the class meets two (2) days per week and 3 hours if the class meets one (1) day per week. You must include the 9 hours of online instruction as part of your attendance record.
Record your positive attendance hours on the online “Positive Attendance” roster (PDF file) or create and maintain your own attendance sheet.
To download your online “Positive Attendance” roster, please do the following:
Log onto MySite – Work – Faculty Services – Current Schedule – Download Roster – Roster Format - Positive Attendance Roster.
To create your own attendance sheet, you must include the following information:
- Name of Instructor
- Ticket and Course No
- Student Name (last, first)
- Student ID number
- Number of hours per class session
- Any T.B.A. - 9 hours of online instruction
- Total number of hours per semester
- Your signature and date
||Class Sessions (1.5 hours each session)
Your Signature and Date
*Include all students who attended your class. Do not include hours for students dropped as "No Shows."
**To avoid errors in reading your hand writing, please type your form.
Step 4 - Final Grade Submission
- Submit your grades online.
- Submit your positive attendance hours online. (Make sure that the positive attendance hours online match the attendance hours listed on your "Positive Attendance" roster/attendance sheet.)
- Turn in your “Positive Attendance” roster (or your own attendance sheet) to the Office of Admissions and Records. Be sure to sign and date your roster/attendance sheet.
- Your grades will NOT be processed without the “Positive Attendance” roster.
- Online grades and all positive attendance rosters are due to the Office of Admissions and Records by (date to be determined),
- Contact the Office of Admissions and Records at (949) 582-4343 for any questions regarding the maintenance of your positive attendance roster.
Important: The total student contact hours on your positive attendance roster must match that of the student hours posted on the online grade submittal form.