Blackboard Connect provides Saddleback College the opportunity to send emails, text messages, and voice messages to all students. The following guidelines provide instructions as to when it is appropriate to send mass communications to students.
Emergency notifications would be sent to all students and would include but are not limited to:
- Bomb threats or other imminent violent threats
- Fire alarms, natural gas leaks and hazardous spills
- Building evacuations and lock downs
- Biological or pandemic emergency notifications
- Natural disasters
- Power outages and utility failures resulting in an imminent threat
- Campus closure due to declared civil emergency
Intake and Retention
These guidelines are meant to focus on issues that may affect an individual student’s ability to enroll and/or remain enrolled, and include but are not limited to:
- Fee notifications
- Drop notices
- Matriculation issues
- Financial aid matters
General Interest Announcements
This area would focus on issues of interest to large segments of the population, and include but are not limited to*:
- Reminders such as registration dates, last day to drop a class without a “W”, etc.
- News that affects all students, such as parking issues, entrance closures, preventative measures for flu and other potential pandemics, etc.
- Special events
*Note: To avoid message fatigue, it is highly recommended that general interest announcements are sent out sparingly