Details on the Promise Program for the 2019-2020 academic year are coming soon.
Information for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Saddleback College promises to pay for your first two years of college. If you’re eligible, we’ll cover your registration fees and book costs!
Who can apply?
Capistrano Unified School District (CUSD) and Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD) high school seniors enrolled in a COUN 100 course on their campus during the spring 2018 semester.
Eligible students must:
- Qualify as a California resident or be eligible by AB 540/Dream Act status
- Identify Saddleback College as “College of Record”
- Enroll in COUN 100 at a CUSD or SVUSD high school during the spring 2018 semester
- Complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application by April 19, 2018
- Complete the Saddleback College Promise Application
- Enroll in 15 units or more for fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters to include enrollments in:
- Math and/or English each semester
- Tutoring (TU 300 – Supervised Tutoring)
Requirements for Year 2 of the Promise Program
- See a counselor once per semester (by October 2018 and by April 2019)
- Complete 2019-2020 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
- Complete 30 units by end of the spring 2019 semester
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 by end of the spring 2019 semester
- Be on track to achieve the math and English classes required for student’s academic goal