Foster & Kinship
Full-Time Faculty/ Office Hours
Associate Faculty Directory
Location: BGS 314 [map]
Phone: (949) 582-4733
Fax: (949) 347-7363
Division Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday
7:00am to 7:00pm
Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm
Cadence Wynter, Dean
Social & Behavioral Sciences
BGS 320, (949) 582-4733
Senior Administrative Assistant
BGS 316, (949) 582-4734
Administrative Assistant II
BGS 318, (949) 582-4205
BGS 314, (949) 582-4733
FKCE Program Manager
FKCE Program Assistant
Social and Behavioral Sciences Division Meeting
Minutes - Thursday, October 10, 2013
- Micael Merrifield - Sharing memories of Micael
- Approval of Minutes: September meeting
Meeting minutes will be posted on the SBS Division Home page.
- Sabbatical Report: Sherry Miller-White (Sociology, Spring 2013)
Sherry thanked the District and Saddleback College for allowing her to take a much needed sabbatical. She also thanked Dean Wynter for allowing her to present her report to colleagues, and CIDDE for all their help and positive attitude. Sherry presented aspects of her Sabbatical Report and shared two of the eleven videos that she created for use on Blackboard.
- Faculty Association - no report
- Academic Senate – no report
- College Committees - no report
- Distance Education (DE) Work Group – among other issues is reviewing regular effective contact. When faculty teaching online courses do not initiate contact with students and wait for students to contact them, the Department of Education deems this to be a correspondence course which has a financial impact on the college. Discussion followed of some of the issues associated with such a determination.
- Spring Flex Week 2014 - faculty who wish to make a presentation should contact Jane Horlings
Associate Faculty Dinner - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Sabbatical Leave Applications due Tuesday, October 15, 2013 (final deadline Friday November 1, 2013)
- Book Orders for Spring 2014 semester due Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Great California Shakeout – Thursday, October 17, 2013
- Homecoming- Saturday, October 19, 2013
3CSN “Building or Practice: Integrating Instruction and Support Services” –
Thursday, October 24, 2013, 3:00-7:30p.m., Fullerton College, Student Center, 224-228
- Any Other Business:
- Dean Wynter announced the publication of Jed Mularski’s article “ in the Harvard Review, and commended him for continuing to do research and writing while teaching a full workload.
- Cadence raised the possibility of hosting monthly “brown bag lunch” meetings as a way of sharing and discussing faculty research interests and projects.
Meeting Adjourned: 2:38p.m.
Next Meeting - Thursday November 14, 1:30-2:30p.m., BGS 347