Social and Behavioral Sciences Division Meeting
August 15, 2013
Correction - SBS Division meetings, 2nd Thursday each month, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
1. Service pins
2. Enrollment - Fall 2013
3. Divisionn Schedule - Spring 2014 - Activity Letters: Summer 2014 - Teaching Request
4. Regular effective contact between instructor and students
5. ASG - Michael Nepomuceno, Director of Academic Affairs, 2013-2014
6. SharePoint - new collaboration tool
7. Online Educator Program to be discontinued after summer 2014 semester-
www.onefortraining.org/ - online courses training available
8. Updates - Academic Senate; Faculty Association; Committee Reports
9. Smoking Policy
i. Student Success - FREE Workshops for all students to help them become more successful in your classes and to imporve their study skills-
- LRC Student Success Workshops or http://www.saddleback.edu/tutoring/student-success-workshops
- Fall 2013 -Student Workshops on how to Succeed in an Online or Hybrid Class or http://www.saddleback.edu/successworkshops/ (NEW LINK)
- Library Workshops or http://www.saddleback,edu/library/instruction/workshops.html
ii. Careers Exploration Series - Careers in Child Development, 18 Sept., SSC 140 TIME?
iii. Alum of the Year - name of alum and details to Yvonne Belardes by Monday, 30 September.
iv. Strategic Planning Workshop. Fri. 20 September, 12:30-3:30p.m., SSC212
v. Great California Shakeout, Thurs, 17 Oct., 10:17a.m.