We invite you to click “Classes” on the left toolbar to view the most current newsletter in its entirety. New series, specialized trainings, and guest speakers were added to the schedule, plus you will find information on the recurring monthly sites and details on CPR/1st Aid, Pre-licensing classes, Attachment, and Adoption classes. Courses are offered at a variety of sites throughout Orange County for your convenience. Please refer to the catalog map to find a location nearest you.
To register for any class, please call (949) 582-4884 or email: email@example.com
Specialized Trainings/Series for January-June 2014:
• LGBT Youth: Creating Safe Spaces (Licensing Requirement)- Please refer to the back page of the newsletter for the list of sites and dates this topic is held.
• The Addicted Family, instructed by Charles Peterson; Tuesday, January 28 from 9:30am-12:30pm (Aliso Viejo Conference Center: 31 Santa Barbara Dr. Aliso Viejo 92656). Please call and register by Jan 23rd. Please see page 3 in the newsletter for the details.
• My Guidance, Their Success: Courtroom Etiquette; January 27 from 6:00-8:30pm (Orangewood Children's Foundation- Conference Room, 1575 E. 17th St., Santa Ana 92705). Limited seating, please call to register. Light dinner provided and opportunity drawning. All caregivers, mentors, CASAs and youth 12-19 years are welcome. Please see page 4 in the newsletter for the details.
• Raising Teens that are Prepared to Live in the Real World, instructed by Mike Dominic; March 15 from 9:00am-3:30pm (Magnolia Park FRC: 11402 Magnolia St., Garden Grove 92841). Limited seating, please call to register. Lunch provided and free childcare (must pre-register). Please see page 6 in the newsletter for the details.
• Motivating Teens to Postpone Parenting, instructed by Maria Barragan; Saturday March 22 from 1:00-3:00pm (USC School of Social Work (Classroom D)-2300 Michelson Dr., Irvine 92602). Please call to register. Please see page 5 in the newsletter for the details.
• Caring for Children Who Have Experienced Trauma, instructed by Lynn Young; Saturdays March 22, 29, and April 5 from 9:00am-1:00pm (Saddleback Church-1 Saddleback Pkwy., Lake Forest 92630). Please call to register. Please see page 7 in the newsletter for the details.
A few additional highlights:
• Please note the time changes for most monthly group trainings.
• In the Spring the Pre-Licensing classes (formerly PRIDE) will change to a new curriculum focused on trauma-informed practice. Please call (888) 871-5437 to inquire about becoming a foster parent.
• Olive Crest and New Alternatives Family Support Services host monthly guest speakers in Santa Ana. See page 13 for information on all guest speakers and topics.
• Please see page 7 in the newsletter for the Attachment Series (Spanish page 16) and Page 9 for the Adoption Series (Spanish page 17) dates for January-June 2014.