Find 2014-2015 Flu Vaccination Clinics in OC. Call Orange County Health Care Agency referral line at 1-800-564-8448 or go to Seasonal Influenza Flu Information.
We are stocked with Flu vaccine. Please make an appointment for your flu vaccine.
Current Campus Recommendations for Influenza-like Illnesses
Saddleback College is adhering to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Orange County Health Care Agency current recommendations regarding Influenza-like Illnesses.
As a reminder to all faculty, staff and students, these recommendations are:
- Keep yourself well through the use of good hygiene practices.
- Get yourself vaccinated with the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine.
- If you have influenza symptoms, a fever of 100°F or greater, cough and sore throat, stay home!
- Do not attend class or other social functions until you are fever free without the use of fever-reducing medications such as Tylenol or Advil for at least 24 hours.
- See a Health Care Provider within 48 hours of the onset of your first symptom as Tamiflu may be prescribed.
- Faculty and Staff: Contact your private health care provider.
- Students: Contact your personal health care professional or the Student Health Center at 949-582-4606
Current Campus recommendations…
For Faculty and Staff:
- Notify your area Dean or Manager or V-P of Instruction if you become ill with influenza symptoms and when your students are absent with self-reported influenza.
- Student influenza absences should be reported to the Student Health Center whenever possible.
- Provide a method for the student to keep up with his/her class assignments so that if he/she is ill with fever for more than a few days, he/she can complete your class.
- Contact your instructors by voice or e-mail if you become ill with influenza symptoms.
In addition to the typical series of childhood pertussis immunizations, CDPH now recommends an adolescent-adult pertussis booster vaccine (Tdap) for:
- anyone 7 years and older who is not fully immunized, including those over 64 years old
- women of childbearing age, before, during, or immediately after pregnancy
- other people who have contact with pregnant women or infants
Please contact the Student Health Center or your Primary Medical Physician for further information