California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids
Welcome to the CalWORKs Program at Saddleback College! CalWORKs is a program that provides cash aid and services to eligible California families. CalWORKs at Saddleback College is partnered with the County of Social Services, MAXIMUS, and other community agencies to support students achieve their academic goals. At Saddleback College we provide CalWORKs students with academic, personal & career counseling. In addition to providing clear and consistent educational planning and counseling, we also assist students navigate the community college system and provide a bridge to other on-campus and off-campus by providing the following services:
- Intake/Orientation – Students will meet with CalWORKs counselor at Saddleback College to discuss student’s responsibilities and deadlines. This takes place after you are provided 4105 referral from your case manager.
- Priority registration – CalWORKs students are eligible for priority registration as long as requirements are met. (Please meet with CalWORKs counselor for more information.)
- Case management – CalWORKs Counselors will work with students to ensure support is provided to support every student’s success by way of advocacy.
- Assistance obtaining CalWORKs WTW -paid books and supplies, tools, uniforms, and fees – Counselor meets with students and complete request for books and fees.
- CalWORKs Work-study opportunities - Qualifying students will have the opportunity to gain experience and get paid.
- Resume building and Interview Skills - student prepare and learn how to write a strong resume and strong interview skills by praciicing with a CalWORKs counselor.
- Education Plans
- Personal Growth Workshops
- Referrals to community agencies for legal, personal counseling, domestic violence and social services
- Advocacy for County, child care, and college-related concerns