Saddleback College assigns registration appointments based on compliancy with California Education Code Title 5 Code of Regulations for Community Colleges and SB 1456 Student Success Act. Registration appointment priority grouping allows different student populations to receive a registration date and time based upon their academic status, orientation and assessment status, and student group status.
Saddleback College has four levels of priority registration. In order to register in the first level priority registration group, students must meet ALL State mandated requirements for priority registration prior to registration appointments being assigned.
Level 1: College students (excluding K-12 students) who:
- Have not been on academic or progress probation for their last two consecutive primary terms
- Completed less than 100 units (basic skills units are not counted in this total)
- Have a qualifying educational goal of:
- Obtain an Associate Degree and transfer
- Obtain an Associate Degree without transfer
- Transfer to a 4-year institution without a degree
- Obtain a vocational degree without transfer
- Discover career interests and plans
- Prepare for a new career
- Advance in current job
- Improve basic skills
- Move from non-credit to credit coursework
- Complete all matriculation steps in order
- Assessment in both Math and English
- Advisement including a first semester academic plan
* Students who have completed prior Associate (or higher) degrees are not eligible for priority registration appointments.
- Qualifying Level 1 students will be assigned a registration time in the following order:
- Pre-Assigned Special Priority Groups in the following order:
- Freshman Advantage Students (only those who complete matriculation by a set deadline) - Spring and Fall terms only. Summer does not apply.
- Dependents of Spouses of Military/Veterans receiving GI Bill Benefits, Staff/Family of Staff
- Continuing Students
- New and Returning Students
Level 2: Emeritus Students (Excluding K-12 students)
Level 3: Any students who have (Excluding K-12 students):
- Completed 100 or more degree applicable units
- Been placed on academic probation
- Been placed on progress probation
- Declared educational goal of:
- personal development
- maintaining license or certificate
- completing credits for HS Diploma or GED
- 4 year student taking courses to meet 4 year requirements
- Not completed all the matriculation steps/requirements by the specified deadline or have been exempted from completed matriculation. Examples of exemptions include students who have already earned an associate degree or higher, or are currently attending a 4-year university.
Level 4: Concurrently Enrolled High School Students
Foster Youth are exempt from Level 1 academic/progress probation and unit limit requirements.
Concurrently Enrolled Foster Youth high school students will receive a Level 1 appointment date and time.
Term begins January 13, 2020 and ends May 20, 2020
October 21 - 22 and 24, 2019: Priority Registration Students (Special Populations)
October 23 - 24, 2019: Freshman Advantage Students
October 25, 2019 - November 06, 2019: Continuing Students
November 7 - 14, 2019: New/Returning Students
November 15 - 21, 2019: Emeritus Students
November 15 - 21, 2019: Low Priority Students
November 25 - 26, 2019: High School Students
Term begins May 28, 2020 and ends August 9, 2020
April 13, 2020 - April 14, 2020: Priority Registration Students (Special Populations)
April 15, 2020 - April 24, 2020: Continuing Students
April 27, 2020 - May 4, 2020: New/Returning Students
May 5, 2020 - May 8, 2020: Emeritus Students
May 5, 2020 - May 8, 2020: Low Priority Students
May 11, 2020 - May 12, 2020: High School Students
Term begins August 17, 2020 and ends December 16, 2020
May 11 - 12, 2020: Priority Registration Students (Special Populations)
May 13 - 14, 2020: Freshman Advantage Students
May 15 - June 1, 2020: Continuing Students
June 2 - 9, 2020: New/Returning Students
June 16 - 22, 2020: Emeritus Students
June 16 - 22, 2020: Low Priority Students
June 23 - 24, 2020: High School Students
June 25, 2020: Open Enrollment (No Appointment Needed)
Term begins January 19, 2021 and ends May 26, 2021
October 19 - 20 and 22, 2020: Priority Registration Students (Special Populations)
October 21 - 22, 2020: Freshman Advantage Students
October 23, 2020 - November 4, 2020: Continuing Students
November 5 - 12, 2020: New/Returning Students
November 16 - 20, 2020: Emeritus Students
November 16 - 20, 2020: Low Priority Students
November 23 - 24, 2020: High School Students
Once registration times are assigned, students may appeal the loss of priority ONLY in the following circumstances:
Students with disabilities who applied for reasonable accommodations, but did not receive those accommodations in a timely manner.
Students who have made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average (2.00 or higher) and/or progress standard (completed more than 50% of all units enrolled) to be removed from academic or progress probation.
Students who have exceeded 100 degree applicable units, but has not completed their declared program due to pursuing a high unit major.
Students who have experienced extenuating circumstance (documented cases of accident, illness, or other circumstanced beyond the student control)
Students who have a specific situation that warrant consideration (i.e. last term at Irvine Valley or Saddleback College and needs only one or two specific courses to graduate or transfer.
Students need to complete the Appeal for Loss of Priority Registration and/or Loss of BOG Fee Waiver and submit the required documentation to the Office of Admissions and Records.