High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation Classes
High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation classes are designed to ensure that students pass all sections of the HiSET® or GED test.
Exam preparation through Saddleback College includes free classes offered in the subjects that you will be tested on the official exam: Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts (Reading & Writing). These classes are offered in both English and Spanish. We also provide free placement and practice tests to assess student readiness for official testing. *Please note: We are now enrolling students for the Spring 2021 semester.
Spring Semester Schedule
*Spring 2021 online classes will be held January 19 - May 26.
Are you ready to begin the journey to earn your HSE Certificate?
Follow these 5 Steps to Success!
1. Create Assessment ID & Schedule Appointment for assessment exams 2. Attend an HSE Orientation 3. Submit Saddleback College Application & Register for Classes 4. Attend free online HSE classes through Canvas 5. Pass your HiSET Exams
*For questions / more information, please call us at (949) 607-8093 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We are available to assist you Monday - Thursday 8:30am-8:00pm
1. a) Create Assessment ID
Click here to create your assessment ID. The assessment (ASAP ID) number is needed when you attend your High School Equivalency Orientation. Your assessment (ASAP ID) number is used for your initial practice test in reading and math. Returning students can go directly to step 2.
b) Schedule your two appointments for your Reading and Math assessment exams. These are initial practice exams to help you determine your readiness and amount of preparation support needed to pass the official HiSET® or GED state exam. Click here to schedule your appointment.
*Regardless of the date your assessment exams are scheduled, please proceed to Step 2 and attend an orientation as soon as possible.
2. Attend HSE Orientation
New students must attend “Live” virtual HSE Orientation to learn about the program and be able to register for classes. HSE Orientations will be held online via Zoom at 11:00AM and 6:00PM on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Go to: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/my/javiercorrales to attend virtual HSE Orientation via your computer or smartphone. Zoom Personal ID Number: 949-831-5831
3. Submit Saddleback College Application & Register for Classes
- a) Students must complete a Saddleback College application. Click here to begin application.
- b) Select your HSE classes from the schedule listed below and register for your classes in MySite. Students will need their Saddleback Student ID number (emailed to students after completion of college application) and 4-digit PIN to log onto their MySite account. For information on how to register for classes, click here.
*Need help completing your application or registering for classes? Join our Admissions & Records team for our virtual support workshops held via Zoom every Thursday at 11am & 6pm, beginning on November 19. Link to workshops: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/my/javiercorrales; Zoom Personal ID Number: 949-831-5831
4. Attend free HSE classes online through Canvas
Study and prepare for your 5 Official HiSET Exams by attending your HSE classes online. *Spring 2021 classes begin January 19, 2021 and will be accessed through CANVAS.
- AEBE 702NC - Language Arts I (Social Studies, Science)
- AEBE 703NC - Language Arts II* (Reading, Writing)
- AEBE 704NC - Math I
- AEBE 705NC - Math II*
*These classes have a pre-requisite.
5. Pass all 5 subjects of the HiSET exam and earn your High School Equivalency Certificate!
Schedule your testing appointments through the HiSET website and pass all 5 subject exams:
- Social Studies
*Due to COVID-19, official HiSET Exams will be proctored by the "HiSET Exam From Home" option. Take one test at a time or all five at once. Each test is $30.25 (you can retest 3 times per subject every year).
Need Assistance? Contact Us
We are available to assist you Monday-Thursday 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Tel.: (949) 607-8093 Email: email@example.com
For specific questions, please contact the High School Equivalency Coordinator:
Helpful Resources | Video Guides
How to Access Zoom Using a Chromebook
Adult Education Offices
*Saddleback College Adult Education offers HSE preparation classes at Saddleback Adult Education MV, on the Silverado High School (SHS) campus and at Saddleback Adult Education SJC, on the Serra High School campus.
All classes are open enrollment, meaning students can register anytime throughout the semester. Due to COVID-19, all classes are being held remotely/online. Our offices listed below are currently closed. For questions/ inquiries, please contact our HSE Coordinator at (949) 336-2457.
Saddleback Adult Education - San Juan Capistrano
31351 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano
Saddleback Adult Education - Mission Viejo
25632 Peter A Hartman Way, Mission Viejo