Saddleback College is a HiSET® Testing Center. We offer the complete battery of tests one weekend per month.
Please see our brochure here.
2020 TEST DATES
PAPER TESTING | SADDLEBACK COLLEGE • BGS 232
28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo
Use the College Drive entrance to Saddleback College. Proceed to Lot 9. See MAP.
Students must purchase a daily parking permit from the Lot 9 pay station ($5 cash or debit/credit).
Students must arrive 15 minutes before start time to be admitted. ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO FIND PARKING AND FOR WALKING TO BGS 232.
|Test Times At 3 PM and 5:15 PM||Test Times At 8:30 AM,
10:45 PM, and 1 PM
|January 03||January 04|
|February 07||February 08|
|March 06||March 07|
|April 03||April 04|
|May 01||May 02|
|June 05||June 06|
|July 03||July 04|
|August 07||August 08|
|September 04||September 05|
|October 02||October 03|
|November 06||November 07|
|December 04||December 05|
*Test dates for June-December are tentative. Please check back for updated schedule.
$31.00 PER TEST SUBJECT
- $17.00 per test subject
- $14.00 per testing center appointment fee
- One time $20 California CSS State Fee (only when taking first test)
Total cost of testing for all 5 subjects (including state fee): $175.00
REGISTER AT LEAST 2 DAYS PRIOR to the desired test date.
Registration is limited to 20 students per test period. Register early to guarantee an appointment time.
- HiSET® proctoring and testing is available in Spanish and English.
- Student can take any of the 5 tests in an available time slot.
- Tests can be taken one at a time in no particular order (Example: All five on a weekend or just one on a weekend)
- Student must arrive 15 minutes before start time to be admitted.
- Registration over the phone includes an additional $10.00 fee
You are eligible to take the HiSET® if you are:
- At least 18 years old, or are within 60 days of your 18th birthday.
- 17 years old, and have been absent at least 60 consecutive school days, and provide a letter of request from either the military, a post-secondary educational institution, or a prospective employer (subject to approval)..
On the day of the test, bring one of the following:
- CA driver’s license or ID card from the DMV
- Military ID card
- Passport with CA residency
- Mexican Consulate card
- Indian Tribal card
To pass the HiSET® you must receive a standard score of at least 8 on each of the five sub-tests AND earn an average standard score of 45 or higher.
After the test...
- Check your scores online with your ETS ID. (You are the only one who has access to your ID number).
- Once you pass the HiSET® you should receive your High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate within 10 days at the address you provided with your HiSET account.
- For additional copies of your certificate or transcript, please visit www.parchment.com
High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation classes are designed to ensure that students pass all sections of the HiSET®, GED, or TASC™ test. Saddleback College, in partnership with Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD), offers HSE preparation classes at Saddleback Adult Education MV, on the Silverado High School (SHS) campus and at Saddleback Adult Education SJC, on the Serra High School campus. Classes are offered in Math, Science, Social Studies and Language Arts, and are available in both English and Spanish. Exam preparation includes placement and practice tests.
For specific questions, please contact the Saddleback College HiSET Chief Examiner:
(949) 493-0658 ext. 19004
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR HSE CLASSES
Call (949) 493-0658 (San Juan Capistrano) or (949) 837-8830 (Mission Viejo)
Other HiSET® Resources