This is an Academic Senate Committee focused on addressing multi-cultural issues in classrooms.
Mission: To foster student learning and success by promoting cultural competency with the goal of creating a campus culture of inclusivity. We focus on faculty development as a key for building the learning capacity of individual students and creating classrooms where all students succeed.
- Provide faculty a brave space to discuss difficult topics related to diversity and equity using the Great Teachers model where we can teach and learn from one another.
- Work as a community of faculty to broaden our perspectives and understand the issues of systemic barriers, social equity, and diversity on campus.
- Develop future opportunities to manifest change, embedding culturally responsive practices in faculty thinking, in our classrooms, and on campus.
- Work on meeting basic skills needs of underrepresented students by becoming culturally responsive.
|Contacts:||Fall 2021 Meetings:|
Brenda Plascencia Carrizosa , Co-Chair
Pete Murray, Co-Chair
Carolyn Seaman, Secretary
Steve Rosa, EIC Voting Member
Friday, August 27th 11am-2pm
Friday, September 24th 11am-2pm
Friday, October 29th 11am-2pm
Friday, November 19th 11am-2pm
Friday, December 17th 11am-2pm
- Committee Sharepoint
- Toolkit for Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning (Canvas shell)
- The resources in this toolkit are intended to help us develop our ability to create a culturally responsive, equitable, and inclusive classroom environment and to better understand, support, and teach our diverse students.
- Use this form to submit a resource to include in the toolkit.
- Bryan Carrillo
- Caroline Paltin
- Catherine Ciavarella
- Donna Franks Sayed
- Efren Rangel
- Jeffrey Hannibal
- Kat Shaw
- Mariana DeSaracho
- Michelle Gustafson
- Renee Garcia
- Tina Shaffie
- Veronica Obermeyer