Pursuant to Title 5 of the Administrative Code of California, Section 53200, the Academic Senate is a faculty organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters as it relates, in particular to the following areas:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and places courses within disciplines
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the Academic Senate.
According to Education Code, the Academic Senate is also responsible for jointly developing with the District policies and procedures related to faculty hiring (section 87360B) and administrative retreat rights (section 87458A).
The Saddleback College Academic Senate is a representative body, with each instructional area receiving a senator for every ten full-time faculty members or portion thereof, to a maximum of four.
Important Senate Information
Current Agenda- Special Meeting, Tuesday, May 14, 2019
SPRING 2019 ACADEMIC SENATE ELECTION LINK:
The voting link is now closed - thank you for your participation.
Executive Team Officers for the 2019-2020 academic year are:
- President Dan Walsh
- President-Elect Blake Stephens
- Vice President Margot Lovett
- Vice President Scott Fredrickson
- Secretary Michelle Duffy
All meetings are held on Wednesdays at 2:00 PM
President's Large Conference Room, AGB 106
Approval of Faculty to Sit on Committees:
- Locate Committees, Membership, and Chairs/Points of Contact.
- If you are interested in serving on a particular committee, or attending a meeting, this listing offers points of contact to learn more about it.
- Information for most committees may also be found on the Saddleback SharePoint site
- Please email the Academic Senate Office Administrative Assistant with your request for changes.